The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Serum Reviews

Ranked #14 out of 603 in Anti-Age/Wrinkle Cream

The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Serum - 1 Oz. : Smooth skin and improve suppleness with a light, moisturizing serum that helps soften and revitalize skin. * Community Trade organic babassu oil from Brazil smooths and revitalizes skin. * Community Trade organic aloe vera from Guatemala soothes the skin. * Organic buddleja and thyme from Switzerland give antioxidant protection from free radical damage. * Damask rose, geranium, thyme, fennel and orange essential oils have been blended together to create a gently fragranced scent.

June 12, 2016

This is a serum but it's not the clear runny kind, it's almost a lotion. I'm applying it in the morning after toner and before moisturizer. It absorbs perfectly and doesn't leave any residue or oiliness, it's very light and not as noticeable as an lotion would be. I'm not a fan of the scent, nor of the results. It just doesn't have any immediate benefits to using it. But I like that as a serum it absorbs so well, I can see using it as a light moisturizer if needed.

March 24, 2016

Having tried HIGH end serums - This one is just ok - I do love organic hand made soaps etc
But when it comes to face care - i always think it's better to go with BRANDS that are known for their facial care -
Not a beauty snob - but because I have tried so many brands - I have seen way better results with the bigger - Non organic brand

June 02, 2015

I recently discovered this amazing serum and I love it. It is organic and full of essential oils, which are great for your skin. I use it at night before bed. It depends on how hydrated my skin feels, if I add my night time moisturizer over the serum. It also doesn't irritate my skin.

May 12, 2015

I have been using this product for a few years now, and I really love it. I don't pay full price for it - I wait until The Body Shop does one of their buy three get three sales. It's a nice, light lotion that leaves my skin feeling supple and revitalized. I love the scent too - it is very light and clean. If you have very dry skin, this probably won't be enough for you. I have very sensitive skin and this serum does not irritate it. For reference, I am a 29 year old female that is just starting to think about wrinkle prevention.

April 03, 2015

This is a decent product, it's super gentle so it won't do the most intensive things but still works!

March 06, 2015

Great product, i have read many good reviews about this after i used. and i must say it really worked for me. i love the fact that it's organic with no harsh chemicals. works great.

November 27, 2012

I began using the Nutriganics line with their night cream, then the eye cream, day cream and finally the serum. I can say that I will be buying this again, and would recommend to people looking for a light, slightly scented and smooth pre-moisturiser. The scent is lovely IMO, and I am sensitive to scents. My skin is also testy, and doesn't always agree with highly organic/natural ingredients ~ sadly. I've also had negative reactions to super high end, well touted brands too though so am really happy that my skin seems to love this product.

I've been using this for over a week, and my skin is like velvet, smooth in texture and tone. I'm 42 with good genes, but gravity approaches and I'm an expressive sort, so I'll need help with small laugh lines and such! I really love this line and find it affordable especially on sale. The shop is also more personable than buying a big brand serum in a big box store, and I like that. The bottle is practical, rations the amount you need, keeps it sealed - protecting it from oxygen, light and bacteria, it's easy to handle, travel with and it looks nice and subtle if left exposed on the vanity.

1.5/5

January 03, 2012

I was super excited to try this since it had really good reviews, but after I put it on my face, I noticed that I became VERY red and almost swollen looking!! I have never had an alergic reaction to anything before so this was a huge surprise! I will be returning it for sure~!

July 16, 2010

I received the Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Serum as part of the Product Review Club.
I liked how it came with a pump to dispense the serum.The pump allows you to dispense what you need and not have it pour out all over your hand. You only need a small pea sizes amount of the serum to do your entire face. It quickly absorbs into your skin.
I did find that after applying it , that It seemed to make my face feel tight and dry and I needed to put a little bit of face lotion on top to make it stop feeling that way.
In the morning though it did make my face feel soft.

I did find it a tad bit sticky to the touch after applying it to my face, which I wasnt really fond of.

The scent was a light natural scent, I liked how it;s natural ingredients.
I don't think I would go out and buy it however, the price is a bit high for me, and I didnt like the dry feeling it gave my face .
I would recommend it to others to try, as it may work great for them

June 14, 2010

I recieved this product about a week ago to test out and provide a review. The packaging was interesting as it didn't provide a whole heck of a lot of information about the product and had many different languages on it. I do love the fact that the serum comes in a pump format which helps to control the amount of serum on your fingers as well as keeps it clean from the environment and fingers. The serum claims to soften, rejuvenate, improve skin suppleness with organic ingredients such as babbassu oil. I have combination skin but depending on the weather and my stress level my skin can become really oily. I did get some breakouts on my chin - -although not fully sure whether it was due to the product or the fact that I've been a little stressed. I noticed slight changes on my skin. My face does seem a lot softer and does have a slight glow to it. I do have some acne scarring on my face and didn't really notice a big change in helping the scars. The serum is very light, a little watery which is great as it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. A serum you definately want a little watery for easier application on the face. The one thing that I didn't like too much was the scent of the product. It had a very earthy, organic smell which kind of reminded me the scent of Aveda products. It's not overly overpowering (does go away), but you do have to get use to the smell of it - I think you either love it or hate it. At $25, not sure that I would fully recommend the product to my friends (a little steep in price) as I have used products that are less than $25 that provided me with the same results I saw with this product. I would however consider purchasing the product if it was on sale at Body Shop.