The Body Shop Satsuma Bar Soap Reviews

Ranked #139 out of 171 in Beauty Bars & Bar Soap

January 07, 2017

I absolutely adore the smell of this soap! And because it comes from The Body Shop (ethical) I feel happy about using it. The smell is citrusy, orangey and lingers long after you use it. When you wash your hands with this soap, the smell stays for quite a while. My complaint with this soap is that it does seem to be drying. If I use it on my body, my skin gets very dried out and feels yucky. This is a great bar soap for hand washing (as long as you like bar soap, of course) but I wouldn't recommend it for full body. The smell can't be beat, though. Heavenly!

September 06, 2016

I love the Satsuma scent, and this bar soap smells just as good. It smells of fresh, juicy oranges and when you wash your hands, the scent will linger in a light -- not overpowering -- way on your skin.

This soap lathers really well under the tap. If you're not using this as a hand soap but you're taking it in the shower, one thing I will say is that the lather seems to disappear into the skin fairly quickly, making you wonder if you've even washed that area. This seems to happen with all of their bar soaps.

This is a nice sized soap and will last a long time. It doesn't go mushy, like some soaps, but once it gets smaller it will go kind of hard. I feel like soaps tend to do one or the other.

These soaps often go on sale, so if you're a fan, you can stock up for a very good price.

March 18, 2016

I have always loved The Body Shop. Their Satsuma line is absolutely to die for. It is the most addicting fragrance. Their bar soap is also the greatest. Doesn't leave a film and just smells awesome. The Body Shop has a great mission and I love to support them, and they make it easy with such amazing products.

July 29, 2015

Love the scent of this soap! An invigorating tangerine, citrus soap that leaves you feeling clean and fresh without any heavy residue.

1.5/5

June 27, 2012

The bar smells fabulous in the package and for the first few uses but after that the scent is gone and the bar dries up and cracks. I was really diappointed in the soap. I usually really like the bogy shop products. Sure the soap can still be used but the reson I bought it for is gone.

The bar is 100g for $4.00

I have used the body butter in this scent and loved it