The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Reviews

Ranked #644 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash is recommended for combination/oily skin. Deep cleanse and minimize pores with a mild, oil-free, foaming gel cleanser that won't over dry your skin. Community Trade bladderwack seaweed , a naturally rich source of iodine, calcium and other vitamins and minerals, balances, purifies and clarifies skin. Menthol, which is found in mint plants such as peppermint, leaves skin feeling cool and refreshed. This soap-free formula is less drying to the skin than soap. Visit thebodyshop.ca for more information.

March 30, 2016

Love the fragrance of the facial wash, also found that it does a great job in getting my face clean especially from the oils on the skin. It leaves the skin feeling clean without stripping it or feeling overly dried out.

February 15, 2016

I purchased this with high expectations. I've never not liked a product from the body shop but I didn't like this one. I found that after I used it my face was itchy and had a few hives. I obviously had an allergic reaction to it so I wouldn't personally recommend it but others may really love this face wash because I know I love other face washes from the body shop

January 11, 2016

Perfect for my combination skin. Won't dry out my skin and removes all traces of makeup. The entire seaweed line is amazing! Keeps my skin clear from blemishes and black heads. Plus each tube lasts me three-four months!

December 23, 2015

I was skeptical upon purchasing this 12 dollar facial wash - it was a small bottle and didn't have any exfoliating beads that I love. However, since it was targeted towards my hellish combination skin, I gave in... and am happy I did! With this facial wash, us oily/dry skins don't need to use as much soap. A little amount does the trick. It doesn't dry-up my skin, and cleanses away impurities. Lovely.

December 10, 2015

I was lucky enough to purchase this product as a gift set (came with the seaweed toner and mattifying day cream) for $30!
I must say that I have used many facial products over the years (biotherm, Vichy, bioderma, proactive, etc), and I am finding that this line is actually working wonders for my skin. I also purchased a small scrubby brush to use with the cleanser and it leaves my skin feeling so clean and fresh, without drying it out or leaving my face red.
I have a thyroid problem that leaves my skin very dry one day and very oily the next, and this cleanser seems to be very effective at balancing out the two extremes.
To top it all off, it smells wonderful!
I'm very impressed!

October 27, 2015

I like this wash for my very odd combination skin. It's great at keeping skin oil free for quite a while. Has menthol(which I love the tingle of) but others might not like that. It rinses off well. I prefer the Seaweed Exfoliating gel to this though.

June 10, 2015

This is a very good cleanser, although it is marketed towards combination skin if you have acne prone skin you should give this cleanser a go. It cleared up my acne like nothing else I have ever tried before without being overly harsh. It did not irritate my skin but it does dry your skin out a bit if your skin isn't that oily so make sure to use a good moisturizer with it so you don't end up with flakey skin.

April 15, 2015

I combination skin and the woman who was helping me figure out what to use recommended I try this cleanser. She gave me a free sample, along with an exfoliate to use once a week (hooray for dry + oily skin), and I found that this cleanser and that exfoliater were the best for my skin type. Pharmacy/grocery brands tend to leave my skin feeling tight and dry, whereas this cleanser takes just enough oil and keeps my skin from being stripped of any oils. I also have very sensitive skin, so when I used this product I was a little taken aback because you can feel it tingling; but it was actually doing it's job. No tightness, no excessive oil, no redness, no dry skin. I also only need about a pea shaped amount to wash my entire face. In the end, I would up buying the cleanser itself and I've never been happier with my skin!

Updated On: April 15, 2015

I have combination skin and the woman who was helping me figure out what to use recommended I try this cleanser. She gave me a free sample, along with an exfoliate to use once a week (hooray for dry oily skin), and I found that this cleanser and that exfoliater were the best for my skin type. Pharmacy/grocery brands tend to leave my skin feeling tight and dry, whereas this cleanser takes just enough oil and keeps my skin from being stripped of any oils. I also have very sensitive skin, so when I used this product I was a little taken aback because you can feel it tingling; but it was actually doing it's job. No tightness, no excessive oil, no redness, no dry skin. I also only need about a pea shaped amount to wash my entire face. In the end, I would up buying the cleanser itself and I've never been happier with my skin!

August 17, 2014

As an individual with incredibly sensitive skin and many allergies, this face wash has been the only of its kind to not give me any irritation. I recommend this to all of my friends, and have confidence that they will be incredibly happy with the product as well.

November 15, 2011

This is my everyday cleanser and it is amazing for combination skin. Once I had to start buying my own beauty products, I couldn't afford Clinique anymore, so I tried this product out and I now use the entire line. It has a nice scent that isn't overpowering and leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean.