The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask Reviews

Ranked #450 out of 519 in Masks

July 13, 2016

I really like this clay mask. The cool part is when you actually see the oil being absorbed by the clay when it dries. Easy to apply and easily rinses off. I haven't used it in a while, but will repurchase when I get the chance to!

January 25, 2016

Out of all the masks I've tried this has to be one of my favorites. My skin feels super clean when washed off. Great for normal to oily skin, not for sensitive. You will feel a slight burning feeling.

June 10, 2015

This mask is a pain in the butt to get your face, you will be sitting there for 10 minutes scrubbing which is not fun at all and not worth the results. it does dry out pimples but after scrubbing it off your face they are super inflamed. It would be great if it were just easier to get off, it's like spanx they make you look great but you can't breathe or move in them so are they really worth it?

May 19, 2015

I love this mask and I keep going back to it. It has really helped control the oiliness of my skin without irritating it. I apply it in the evening once a week before heading to bed and my skin looks visibly better after rinsing it off and even better when I wake up the next morning! One of my girlfriends didn't like the smell of it and didn't want to try it when I offered, but I don't mind the smell at all because it works.

January 10, 2015

Great mask for oily, acne-prone skin. Really helps dry out blemishes, and clean out the pores. The only cons are that taking the product out of the container can get a little messy, and you can contaminate the product. Also if you don't store it correctly, it can dry out. Otherwise it's worth a try.

September 26, 2014

I use this mask once a week to help detox my skin. I have sensitive skin and it works fine. It has a cold grey texture when you put on. I don't mind the seaweed fragrance at all. When it dries, it feels tight on your skin. I rinse it off with a facecloth. It's meant for combination or oily skin as a weekly mask or for spot treatment. The cost is 22$ and it's pretty reasonable. No complaints about it

January 24, 2011

While I don’t love this member of The Body Shop’s Seaweed line as much as I love its day cream, I have to give it full points for having accurate packaging claims.

And those claims are this, “Revitalises, deep cleanses and reduces excess oil.”

With kaolin as the first ingredient and a type of clay as the third, this stuff does indeed reduce oil. And while it’s no Bioré strip, it does a good job of deep cleaning. After you wash off an application of this mask, your skin will look brighter, matter and you’ll be down a few blackheads.

I also find that this product is a great way to “prep” your skin for a real, deep manual cleaning.

The “revitalises” bit of the packaging claim is a little trickier to agree with but I do have to say that this mask does make your skin look revitalised. How it makes it feel is another story.

The big reason why I love the day cream version of this product so much is that it just feels amazing on my skin. I cannot say the same of the clay.

It goes on like a cold, thick paste and then tightens as it dries. At a certain point, the tightening sensation turns to a mild burning one. There are no actual instructions for this product, no “leave on for 10 minutes” line. Instead, you know to when to wash it off because your skin basically says, “Get this crap off of me.”

But while it might feel like it’s burning, I’ve never actually had any kind of visible reaction to it. In fact, my skin’s always looked great after I’ve used.

Because of all of the above, I do have mixed feelings about this product, which costs $22 a jar. I will certainly keep using what I have but once it’s gone, I think I’ll give another clay mask a try.

jayvelyn926 added a new review for