The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes Reviews

Ranked #931 out of 1113 in Eye Shadow

Shimmer Cubes allow you to create a shimmery eye-look that lasts from day to night. Select just one shade if you want a wash of delicate colour, or blend up to four shades together, to create dramatic, eye-catching looks. These can be apply wet or dry. For more information, go to www.thebodyshop.ca/

June 26, 2016

I love The Body Shop eye shadow! This glimmery little palette is awesome. I have very pale skin and blue eyes and these colors look great on me. They are strongly pigmented, a little goes a long way. They are very lightly glittery and kind of natural looking. This eye shadow stays put all day and doesn't irritate my skin.

January 18, 2016

The Body Shop is usually a tad pricey but always worth it. The colours are gorgeous and true to what they appear. They glide on smooth and stay put. The shimmer makes eyes light up for a night on the town. Also, you get quite a bit of eyeshadow per cube. They go aq long way. The body shop is known for qaulity and that is exactly whats delivered in these shimmer cubes :)

November 07, 2015

I remember my mum first bought me these cubes around fifteen years ago when I was a teenager. To this day, I still use this product. I love how you can rub it straight on the eyelids without a need for a brush. It's the only eyeshadow I've experienced with this strong a pigment. The darker colors go on really beautifully, but the light colors are so subtle and beautiful on pale skin (Presumably on dark skin the opposite would be true) with just a sheen of glitter.

These last forever and always make you look glamorous. I would recommend to try these to any woman who likes a bit of glitter on the lids.

April 17, 2015

These are OK. They're a bit of a gimmick and could do with having half the amount of product (plus half the price). It would be nicer if the colours were more satiny rather than the glitter bombs that they are. You'd be better to but a smaller palette at a cheaper price.

November 20, 2013

I actually love the "neutral" in this cube and annoyed I can't buy it on it's own. The small cubes last forever and you don't need to apply much at a time. They are pretty pigmented and will stay all day without an issue with some primer.

All the shades may not be my favourites and paying regular price makes it a little pricy. But this is also why I never buy stuff from the Body Shop full price and only when they have then buy 3 get 2 or 3 free sals which are pretty common.

September 24, 2013

By far the best eyeshadow I have used in years. Goes on well and lasts all throughout the day especially if you add a little water to your makeup brush (makes a paint). Also lasts forever. Sometimes goes on shiny but can easily be covered or dulled with a light matte shadow on top. Great for creating a smokey eye.

0.5/5

May 26, 2010

This is, hands down, the WORST eye shadow I have ever purchased.And I use the term 'eye shadow' loosely. It's more like eye frosting. $22?? Head on over to MAC if you want to spend that much money. At least it won't be going in the toilet. I recently bought 2 eye shadow duos from MAC, which were $23 each, and are spectacular. I don't always go for the MAC, as there are some other decent products out there and MAC is a lot of the time overpriced, but dear god, given the equal price tag, get the MAC!

I bought the 16 palette of this line, the one shown in the photo above. I tried to use it once. 2 times. Three times! Rubbish. It is composed mainly of talc and corn starch. Meaning it does not stay where applied. Put it on your lid, it winds up under your eye. Try to use it as a liner, it's now on your cheek. The color payoff is absolutely pathetic, foiling it made me look like The Happy Hooker - nothing against hookers, as most I've seen have far too much sense to be using products like these because their business depends on looking good - and the overall quality is just unbelievably bad.

Sure, there's a lot of it. Which means nothing. You've paid for a lot of something you'll never use. Oh, sorry, last night I found one use for it when doing my face before going out for dinner. It can highlight your lips really well if you dab it on the center of your upper and lower lip, over your lipstick or gloss. For that, it stays in place. Made my MAC Lipglass look spectacular, more than usual. Other than that, it's trash. $22 for a lip highlighter? Of which I can only use 3 of the colors for my lips. It'll last til my corpse has turned to dust. The 'black' cube applied nowhere near black. It goes on as a dark, shiny grey. Apply the pink one on your eyes and it looks like you've been boozing and cruising for a week straight. And the white one goes on silvery white. Big deal. I've got a million shadows like that and they're a dime a dozen.The one I found as the best highlighter for lips is the beige/brown colored one. Which does not go on as brown. It goes on as a highly frosted off white. Again, big deal. Horrible horrible horrible. Except as a lip highlighter.

I have never been impressed by makeup from the Body Shop, other than a Tinted Glow Enhancer that I bought online (incidentally, their online shopping is worth checking out). THAT product is nice and doesn't make you look like you stuck a neon light in your jack'o lantern head. These Shimmer Cubes are nothing but junk. The packaging is ok. You get a lot of product, and each color is packed in its own separate cube, which are then placed into the heavy duty plastic box. So I can take just one with me for a crazy night of lip highlighting WOO HOO! But seriously, the product belongs in a dollar store. I wouldn't even buy it for that price, though. Even as a highlighter for the brow, it screams 'I just got my first makeup and I'm trying real hard to look purty'. At least you could use the plastic box to protect your condoms, I guess.

I like my makeup to look classy. Not trashy. This one's a dud and it's going BACK. Receipt or not. I'll trade it in for some of their Nutraganics products, of which I'm enjoying using, because the ingredients are high quality and effective. The Shimmer Cubes are anything but!

April 18, 2009

Up until this little number, they only things I bought from The Body Shop was lip butter, body butter, and shower cream. Guess I figured that my make up dollars was better spent on drugstore products that I'd been using for years. After this though, I'm going to be making a large investment in Body Shop makeup in the future. Loved the shimmer cubes, and the fact that they are all in their own little cases is great~ They have great staying power, beautiful color and are user friendly when mixing the colors. Well worth the $20 purchase price, and unlike some drugstore brands there is a lot of eye shadow in each square. I'm sure it will take me a long time to use these up, even with my high consumption rate.

April 10, 2008

I'm in love!! I usually use eye shadow that I pick up at the drug store (Cover Girl, Maybelline, etc.). They're a good price, and work. For my birthday though, I decided to splurge and try out makeup from The Body Shop. I opted for Palette 07, as the colours caught my eye, and I was impressed! You can either apply these dry (for a lighter shimmery effect) or wet for something more drastic. The colours all look great on their own, and even better when you blend them together. I've never been experimental with my eye colour until recently (I never knew where to start!), but when I got these, I really had fun. I've already discovered a ton of different looks using different colour combinations as well as using them wet or dry.
Another thing I loved about this, is that this shadow stays! I'm used to my colour disappearing by the end of the day, or ending up with creases on my eyes. Didn't happen this time! I first tried it out for a night out on my birthday, and by the end of the night, my eyes still looked great!
One thing is, it is a little bulky to carry around. Though the colours are all in their own little individual cases which fit in to the larger case, so you can just take them out, and toss them in to your makeup bag.