The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Gel Reviews

Ranked #353 out of 448 in Acne Treatment

Best if you want to: Fight blemishes without over-drying skin with a convenient portable stick. .08 oz

February 28, 2017

This gel goes a long way. A little bit leaves the skin feeling smooth and somewhat tighter. The blemishes are slightly less noticeable, but only slightly. It does fall on the more expensive side for the amount you get, but it doesn't have to be replenished for months.

October 12, 2015

Honestly, I was in the store looking at other products to try out and the lady recommended this for spot treatment. I should of known right there and then that she was just trying to get rid of this product. It did work, for about a day or two. After a week the product started to dry up inside. It wasn't even working after a couple days, definitely do not recommend this to anybody. i have struggled with acne all of my life and now that I have tamed it, I like to look for products to spot treat the one or two pimples I get a week. This is not the product for that, total waste of money.

1.5/5

July 31, 2015

I have used this tea tree oil acne product for the better part of 2 months and it did nothing for my acne. I kept wanting it to work, so desperately, and it just never did. It didn't seem to have enough 'umph' to it, unlike another cosmetics company's product that has the same name as a song from the movie Grease (that is in a black bottle, where you get far more bang for your buck). I also found that this product went on very thin and didn't last very long. Nice try, but no cigar.

January 12, 2013

I keep this in my cosmetics bag and whenever I feel the onset of a pimple, I apply some of this gel on the area. After 2 applications, I usually find that either the pimple has either disappeared or much smaller. I like the gel formula as other tea tree oil products I've tried had been watery and usually drip to other areas rather than staying right on the pimple. The scent is not too overpowering and the product dries quite quickly, so you can put it on before applying make up, or to reapply over it.

If you get the occasion pimple especially when your hormones get all out of whack, this is a must-have product!

November 08, 2012

This range has been very effective on my acne and blemishes and I can't get enough of it. It's much more affordable than some other very high end brands which do the same or nothing at all. It stops the pimple in its tracks right away but you must use it directly on the pimple/ blemish at least twice if not thrice a day regularly. I also think that without some sort of sunscreen protection nothing would be effective for blemishes which darken more than the skin in the sun.The recent blemishes disappeared right away and the older ones take a while. The only problem is its not available all the time and the quantity is too little.

July 19, 2012

Bought this product when I started trying the Body Shop Tea Tree line. It is quite effective. After applying this gel, it takes about 2 days for the acne to start fading. Overall:

(1) feel - a little on the greasy side since the ingredient of it is tea tree oil. As far as you don't keep touching the acne(s), it should not bother you that much

(2) effectiveness- again, it takes approximately 2 days to start seeing the result. this may depends on the size of your acne(s). The key is to consistently applying it (i.e bring it to whereever you go and apply it as often as you can).

(3) Price - I think this product is too expensive considering it doesn't last very long. Pro is it comes with the brush which make application easier.

June 20, 2012

I dislike how I paid $9 for only 2.5 mL worth of tea tree blemish gel. It gets used up really fast, but I do not see any difference on my skin after using the blemish gel, so I would not recommend it to others. It is a rip off!

May 29, 2012

I have a lot of trouble with acne on my face, and I used this as a spot treatment over night, and it dried up those little pimples fast!

May 04, 2012

A must have in anyone's bag.(guys included!) The blemish stick is great for any kind of pimple on any kind of person. It seems to work almost overnight! I especially love it for those pimples that you can feel coming in but can't see. The smell is very different but not hard to get used to. It is a tea tree smell but not as harsh as pure tea tree oil. Worked great for me.

May 04, 2012

Didn't work for me. My acne continued, pimples never deminished and reappeared.