Good

The Downy Ball Reviews

Ranked #214 out of 226 in Laundry Care

January 01, 2016

I use this from time to time and it seems to work well, kind of pricey though

February 13, 2015

This Downy Ball was a total let down. I used it for a while and always wondered why our clothes still had static. Turns out, the ball was opening during various washing cycles. Plus, the inside of the ball, was always getting so much buildup of softener and was messy.

August 22, 2012

The Downy Ball is one of the best inventions since they came out with the washing machine! I have an old washing machine that I'm suppose to add Laundry Softener to during the rinse cycle (I think!). This is full of problems. So when I saw The Downy Ball advertised years ago I had to get it & boy am I glad I did!! I've used it ever since! When I start my wash I simply add the Downy Ball with Fabric Softener in it, from there I let it do it's thing and don't have to think about it again! I realize for those people with newer machines this doesn't apply and the ball is NOT made for HE machines (but I can't see why they would need it anyway). I don't really get how it knows when to release the softener but it's always empty when I go to unload the machine and the clothes always smell & feel good. You Betcha The Downy Ball is an absolute must for anyone with an older washing machine!