The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 996 in Books

January 18, 2017

This book will make you ugly cry! I loved reading the book and watching the movie. I think the movie will make you cry more, but the book is always way better!

January 16, 2017

I saw the movie poster for this book - and thought it would be interesting - so I read it before it released and I am really happy I did. A love story that you know from the title is going to be a heartbreaking ending

January 07, 2017

I really liked this book it made me cry and i was so hooked i read the entire book in one day. The story is moving and hits you in your feelings, the movie is worth seeing as well if you liked the book.

January 07, 2017

This book was way too overrated. I didn't like the storyline as it was very unrealistic and almost fantasizing having a fate such as hazel grace's or augustus's. Sappy teenage love stories aren't really my type and all of john green's books are almost the same as this.

November 06, 2016

This book was absolutely amazing. I could not put it down. I finished reading this book in just one sitting. Definitely pulls at your heart strings. It was a very real, funny, sad and eye opening read. I highly recommend it.

October 27, 2016

I purchased this on preorder as I was already a huge fan of John Green books and even got a signed nameplate from him! If you know his inspiration for this book you will realize how even more moving it is. This book really capitavates the ups and downs of living with a terminal illness in a very authentic manner and even more so, grasps how this fits into an already complex teenage life. Definitely recommend this!

September 26, 2016

Si vous aimez les histoires de fille c'est un livre pour vous. Histoire d'amour légère et un peu triste. Livre qui fait décrocher, penser à autres choses.

September 06, 2016

I had heard a lot of hype over this book, and even though I'm not really into young adult books, I decided to give this one a try.

I felt that this book was a bit too twee and cutesy for my liking. I believe that this is simply a case of not being part of the target demographic, as I'm sure this would have great appeal to those who are younger than myself. It's not a bad book, by any means, but the writing style just isn't my cup of tea.

As for the actual story, I did find it refreshing that it tackled its subject matter in a more unique way than other novels of a similar genre. It's more of a comedy, and much more straightforward. The characters seemed to be accepting their fate with more maturity.

I would recommend this to a younger subset, but I feel I'm a bit too old to fully appreciate its quirk.

August 26, 2016

I absolutely loved this book, It is such a good story, it pulls at your heart strings, but also gets you intertwined in the characters and will definitely make you cry.

August 22, 2016

Loved this book! I was reluctant to read at first but it was amazing. You know it's a good book when your whole family is sitting around the fire and you're sitting in a corner in your grandmother's trailer bawling your eyes out... true story