The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson Reviews

Ranked #594 out of 960 in Books

Disgraced journalist Mikael Blomqvist is hired by Henrik Vanger to investigate the disappearance of Vanger’s great-niece Harriet. Henrik suspects that someone in his family, the powerful Vanger clan, murdered Harriet over forty years ago.

Starting his investigation, Mikael realizes that Harriet’s disappearance is not a single event, but rather linked to series of gruesome murders in the past. He now crosses paths with Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker, an asocial punk and most importantly, a young woman driven by her vindictiveness.

Together they form an unlikely couple as they dive deeper into the violent past of the secretive Vanger family.

March 14, 2015

I loved the entire series. Kept me guessing. Loved it!

September 05, 2014

Another favorite! (I have many :P) So much going on in this book and some quite disturbing but I think that's what kept everyones attention! I went on to read the other two but wasn't as happy with them

August 23, 2014

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sucked me in from the very first page. The tone of the book is dark and beautiful, it really made me feel like I was in Sweden on a chilly winter night. Lisbet Salander is a protagonist that I don't think many people will be able to personally related to but one that you root for none the less. This books deals with some pretty dark material but I found it fascinating. Would definitely recommend this book, and it's two follow up books.

August 04, 2014

If you are considering to read a different kind of thriller, than i suggest you read this book. This is the first of the Millennium series and its has a bit of everything. Thriller, conspiracy, murder, love and a twist which is wonderful to read. It is a different book as it is written original in Swedish and describes the Swedish crime scenes with a twisted light. You might find it harsh, crude and sometimes you might even wonder, what on earth you are reading, but the Swedish heroin is amazing and inspiring. Please do read it, i loved it.

April 25, 2014

I really enjoyed these books, the characters were quite intriguing. Took a bit too understand the reasoning behind the main character's attitude but once I did it was an awesome read.

April 06, 2014

This book was an easy read that sucked you into it's web and left you waiting for more. (There is some graphic content, but once you understand the main character, the violence helps you understand the depth of her pain.) This trilogy is a must read for anyone who like murder mystery , action and suspense. Hollywood did a screen adaptation of this book, but for a version that seems like the characters stepped out from between the pages of a book and onto the screen you must see the original swedish trilogy starring Noomi Rapace and Micheal Nyqvist.

August 21, 2013

I picked up this book by accident when I was looking for a novel to read. It starts out a bit slow; characters being introduced, etc. But once you are into the story, it is fantastic. Worth reading.

June 21, 2013

This is a really fun series. Not great literature or anything, but it's a good story. Easy to read, plot pulls you along, enough suspece/intrigue/romance for everyone. A great lazy weekend read for sure, without feeling like too much of a guilty pleasure (it does have some substance).

August 01, 2012

I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I loved it. I found it a little hard to get into the story, but once the story line got going, it was great! You do have to be paying attention, as it can get a little complicated with who is who as I found there were a number of names that were similar and sometimes I had to reread a paragraph to know who was involved. But that might be just me, lol. I definitely recommend this book and I can't wait to start the next one!

July 31, 2012

INCREDIBLE SERIES! I've read the entire trilogy (The Girl WithThe Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire & The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest) and I could not put them down! Wonderfully written, thrilling, political, fiery, mysterious, suspensful! All that great stuff! It can be a bit dark at times, but really worth reading, such a gripping story!

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products