The Great Gatsby (2013)

The Great Gatsby (2013) Reviews

Ranked #337 out of 973 in DVD

January 10, 2016

The costumes and makeup were amazing in this movie!
Great movie. I am a fan of Leo so of course I had to check this one out.
It was a little long and sad. I didn't read the book in school so the
ending was a surprise to me.
Catchy soundtrack.

November 22, 2015

I liked the movie. Loved the costumes and jewellery. Great casting.

May 14, 2015

This is an amazing movie all the way down to the acting and the music. I love the era in this movie the old kind of 50s and 60s era. Very elegant and classy movie with a few twists and turns.

May 05, 2015

I loved this movie and I have watched it several times already. What a great adaptation of the Great Gatsby. Leo did an amazing job with his role of Gatsby, how he did not win an Oscar for this one I don't know. In any case the film was great, costumes were great, I found it very enjoyable and wouldn't hesitate to watch it again or recommend it to a friend.

April 17, 2015

Midwest native Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) arrives in 1922 New York in search of the American dream. Nick, a would-be writer, moves in next-door to millionaire Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) and across the bay from his cousin Daisy (Carey Mulligan) and her philandering husband, Tom (Joel Edgerton). Thus, Nick becomes drawn into the captivating world of the wealthy and -- as he bears witness to their illusions and deceits -- pens a tale of impossible love, dreams, and tragedy.

Another brilliant performance from Leonardo DiCaprio. Leo and Tobey were so in sync with one another in this movie. Beautiful sets and breathtaking costumes. A haunting movie about life and the deceit. It's hard to know who to trust when you are rich and successful. Everybody wants to be your friend but who can you really trust? The ending was so powerful and poignant.