The Jaycee Dugard Memoir

The Jaycee Dugard Memoir Reviews

Ranked #727 out of 970 in Books

September 15, 2014

This Memoir was very interesting. I like the honest perspective she gives and she makes it clear that even after becoming "free" there is still struggles to deal with and not everything is roses and butterflies. It is a true and honest memoir - so while she may not be the greatest author in the world, she writes well and I enjoyed this book.

February 16, 2012

I bought this book out of curiousity, and found it to be an easy read. The writing style wasn't my favourite, but considering the writer's situation, it's understandable and part of the story. My morbid curiousity was hoping for a bit more of the finer details, and I found Jaycee skimmed over a lot - again, completely understandabe given her circumstances. It's an interesting read for anyone who wants to know about the case.

December 04, 2011

So I have recently started to actively read. For many years, I've struggled trying to stay interested in a book while reading it but have fell disappointed many times. Lately, I thought I would try non-fiction or auto/biography books. My first was ''Jaycee Dugard--A Memoir." For any of you who know the story of her, you know how disgusting were the events she had to endure for 18 years. This story recalls everyday for her, written from her own perspective of how her days played out and the psycho that captured her and did whatever he felt like to her. Although very sad (and distubring at times), this is an easy read and I believe I finished it within 3 days. Being a mother, it opens my eyes to my children's safety and protection and to keep an extra eye on them at all times.

I would definitely recommend giving this book a read :)

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
    La Roche Posay