The Last Dog on the Hill by Steve Duno
Good

The Last Dog on the Hill by Steve Duno Reviews

Ranked #735 out of 960 in Books

Last Dog on the Hill tells the story of an indigent young Rottweiler mix who went on to change the lives of hundreds of people and dogs, including the author's, whose career as a behaviorist and writer was made possible through Lou's extraordinary intelligence and heart. Lou's story will make readers laugh and cry in equal measures.

August 12, 2011

I wanted to read this book ever since I worked on the article for books that are coming out this summer. I love dogs so it was a no brainer that I would enjoy books about them. This book talks about the life of two brothers, a man and his dog Lou. Lou was exceptional and it brought tears to my eyes when I was reading it. To all animal lovers out there. This is a must read. It really shows how strong a bond is between man and animal.

August 01, 2011

If you have ever loved a pet in your life then you will be completely immersed in this story. If you've never owned a pet, then reading this will make you understand why so many people have found love and admiration for pets in their lives.

This book really drew me into Steve Duno's lifetime with his amazing dog "Lou". I have owned dogs in my life and really related to this story. It made me happy, it made me cry. I wish I knew this wonderful character of a dog.

Steve Duno is a professional dog trainer and writer, he also has a blog and a site about his dog Lou, which I can post later I just don't recall them right now.

I really became a part of their lives in this book, it's REALLY worth the read.