The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion Reviews

Ranked #19 out of 960 in Books

A first-date dud, socially awkward and overly fond of quick-dry clothes, genetics professor Don Tillman has given up on love, until a chance encounter gives him an idea.

He will design a questionnaire-a sixteen-page, scientifically researched questionnaire-to uncover the perfect partner. She will most definitely not be a barmaid, a smoker, a drinker or a late-arriver. Rosie is all these things. She is also fiery and intelligent, strangely beguiling, and looking for her biological father a search that a DNA expert might just be able to help her with.

The Rosie Project is a romantic comedy like no other. It is arrestingly endearing and entirely unconventional, and it will make you want to drink cocktails.

*Product description via chapters.indigo.ca

October 11, 2016

I purchased this book after seeing it on a top recommended shelf at my local bookstore and I'm so happy I did! The storyline was captivating and I was easily attracted to the quirky character. It was a really refreshing experience following a character with a personality so different from my own. I have already recommended this to others and will continue to do so.

August 25, 2016

This book is hilarious and touching and will appeal to make and female readers alike as while it is about a love story it's presented from a male first person character point of view and he is very dry humoured and has quite a different way of looking at life. This book was impossible to put down! Can't wait to read the second book. Highly recommended!

January 25, 2016

At first, I wasn't sure if I would like this book but the more pages I read, the more I was addicted to this story! I felt in love with Don's character. I would recommand this book to all my girl friends! Perfect to change your mind and have a good time!

January 17, 2016

This book seems as if it is based on the character of Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory. If you like the show, the book is a great read. Very funny and quirky. It shows the love relationship between a kind of nutty professor and a woman which results in misunderstandings.

December 18, 2015

Lovely, lovely book. It was so humorous and the main character, Don Tillman is so endearing. I love reading such a unique voice, and it helps when that voice is also intelligent. It's a great story about growth and the ever popular trope of love conquering all (even if in some ways the changes seem unreasonable and unbelievable). There was enough tension to keep me interested and at one point it even made me cry. I read the sequel also, and it was wonderful. I really hope the movie version does justice to the book (but do they ever?).

July 15, 2015

This is a very sweet book. Think about Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory trying to figure out how to find his perfect wife. If you're looking for a cute and light summer read, this is an excellent choice.

June 08, 2015

Good reaD it was sweet and humorous

March 04, 2015

Good read. It's sweet, romantic & humorous.

February 27, 2015

This was a sweet, romantic story in which the main character is highly analytical and socially oblivious. It almost felt as though he was incapable of loving someone because of his social qualities. Regardless, I definitely recommend this book.

January 26, 2015

A friend recommend I read this, she knows I love Sheldon Cooper off the Big Bang Theory and she said I would love this book as the characters are similar. It was the first booked I decided to read on my ereader and I wait to read the second one! Loved it, so different from the normal standard romance stories out there.

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
The BEST part

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
The unwanted

indykat has posted in the forum topic

kforbes added a new review for
Vitamix Blender