The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger Reviews

Ranked #12 out of 960 in Books

This is a novel about the life of a wife whose husband is able to travel through time.

September 15, 2016

I'm not big on romance novels, but because this had a fantasy/sci-fi element to it, I decided to pick it up. I think this is one of the more unique and enjoyable romance novels on the market, and one which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Because of the time travelling element, this story is fairly non-linear. It jumps around in time, but the writer makes it easy to follow along with the sequence of events. There's a wonderful emotional core to the story, which really helps to connect the reader to the characters and what happens to them. Everything is fully fleshed out, which is important when the focus moves from one point to another quite easily.

This book also spawned a film adaptation, but I personally enjoyed the written version much more. Even if you're not much of a romance reader, this has enough to offer in other aspects that I think casual observers can still find something to like.

February 09, 2016

This is a nice book, very emotional, beautiful story. I don't think I will read it again though. It just didn't hold my attention that much

January 22, 2016

I read this book years ago, and enjoyed it. I picked it up again recently after talking to a friend about it, and gave it another read. I enjoyed it SOOOO much more the 2nd time around...maybe because I had an idea of what was happening, so I was less confused.
I love the concept of time travel, it's always intrigued me. And I love a book that can make me have a good cry. This one had that...in spades!
No matter how well written a book is, I have to like the characters. And I did! I LOVE Henry and Claire!
One piece of advice...don't watch the movie before you read the book... it's terrible!

January 09, 2016

I got this book as a gift and wow ,what a beautiful love story but also sad because he was a time traveller and he was always popping in and out of her life,the idea for the story was amazing making you imagine what it would be like ,loved this story

December 16, 2015

I loved this story so much. Firstly, what an interesting concept - time travel! The story line is really interesting and captivating. the characters are wonderful and draw you in...you can't wait to see what will happen to them. It is a truly beautiful piece of literature and the love between the husband and wife is beautiful as well. I have read it a few times and will likely reread it in the future.

September 23, 2015

This book was so beautifully written and the concept is so interesting. It's this weird and beautiful love story. I was very teary eyed reading this. Loved it!

July 25, 2015

I absolutely love this book, one of my favorites. I couldn't put it down, all though I was disappointed in the movie as I felt they left out a lot, but that's really most movies based on books do.

June 03, 2015

I first read this book I grade 6 as part of an advanced reading class and fell in love! It was good back then and it still is. The chRacters are timeless and the story is so sweet that it's hard not to get attached.

February 27, 2015

This was such a beautiful story, that I still have kept the book several years after reading it. There are very few stories out there that have gotten me as emotionally hooked as this book did. I was about 15 when I read this book for the first time, and I believe this is a much more beautiful love story to idolize than a lot of the books girls my age were reading at the time. This story quickly got me hooked and I finished it over a day or two over my summer holidays. The movie did not do it justice - then again, everyone says that about movies compared to the books.

November 21, 2014

i had a real hard time following this book because it jumps so much. im wondering if they knew who they were when hed come back...like if he came back at a time before they met would she know who he was...anyway id rather be married to a truck driver as their schedules are more predictable