Thor (2011)

Thor (2011) Reviews

Ranked #915 out of 972 in DVD

November 10, 2016

Thor is a 2011 action film, which is part of phase one of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's directed by KennethBranagh and stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, and Natalie Portman.

The story follows Thor, a God who lives in the legendary kingdom of Asgard with his brother Loki and their father, the king. When Thor is banished to live on Earth, he must learn to live among humans and, eventually, defend them.

The Thor movies are not my favourite. The first one is better than the second, but I'm still not really a fan. I do really love the way the kingdom of Asgard looks -- it's really beautiful, and the costumes are really nice to look at. Tom Hiddleston is excellent as Loki, though you don't see as much of him here as you do in The Avengers. I just feel that Thor is an arrogant buffoon who is hard to like, and that the film tries too hard to be funny.

If you're looking for a film with more comedy alongside the action, you may like this. I just didn't find it particularly funny or exciting. These are the weak point of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, for me anyways.

The film is rated PG-13 and has a running time of 115 minutes.

April 27, 2015

I wa a decant movie, a little corny at times. It's entertaining but not something I would watch again.

April 27, 2015

I like superhero movies. And Thor..he's hot :) that just adds extra bonus points to all movie. Movie is not the best out there but entertaining enough.

April 13, 2015

Thor was a decent movie. Some funny moments and good action scenes. I'd probably watch this again if it came on TV, but I didn't like it enough to spend money on it.

May 18, 2011

This movie is hilarious! Chris Hemsworth is hot to watch and Natalie Portman is also great in it. I feel like they really got the Thor character right. Hemsworth is the perfect Thor. Please remember to stay behind after the credits to see a short clip!

Christmas Ranch

Angel of Christmas

AdventureArtie added a new review for
Dyson Hair Dryer

AdventureArtie earned the Beauty Guru badge

ElaineDraws has posted in the forum topic
ChiackAdvisor app?????

Sandramiron added a new review for
Vichy Ideal Body Milk