Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick

Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick Reviews

Ranked #46 out of 1050 in Lipstick

December 20, 2016

I recently purchased this in the colour Bend & Snap as a special event rather than an everyday lipstick. The colour is bright but not overly. I found that the lipstick dried quite quickly after application, so precise application is needed. I prepped my lips about 10 minutes before by putting on a clear balm, which helped with the drying feeling that people have mentioned. I did not find that it bled or cracked. As I don't wear it as an everyday, I can't speak to the overall longevity of it but it stayed on for at least 3 hours and a meal with minimal transferring and no smudging. As someone who doesn't wear lipstick that often, my only hesitation is with the price.

November 27, 2016

I purchased the Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick in Candy Cane - Holiday Kiss Collection. (Wow, that's a long name!) I already love the non-matte version but this is my first purchase from this collection. I am very happy with it! This pinky-red shade is amazing. I also love the chocolate/peppermint scent (I'm a huge fan of anything peppermint!) It has a very thin consistency that glides on the lips really well. The colour is opaque in just one thin coat. If I let it dry completely before drinking or eating, it lasts for hours (like most liquid lipstick, it doesn't withstand eating anything oily). While it's in no way hydrating, I find it non-drying. It wears down evenly without crumbling. It will be my go-to holiday lipstick!

November 17, 2016

I was really disappointed with these liquid lips. The colours are amazing and at first the wear of the product is beautiful if you apply correctly, however after a few hours they are super drying and what's worse? They bleed and start flaking! I wish they would redo these because I really do love this brand.

October 16, 2016

I've tried this product in many shades now, and although I was impressed with the variety of shades, it can get quite messy and smears quite a bit. Because it is a matte lipstick, your lips need to be well-hydrated otherwise this cracks and does not sit well on the lips. It's 'okay' but there are better matte and liquid lipsticks out there for a comparable price.

October 11, 2016

I bought this in the shade Drop Dead Red. The name of the colour is quite misleading, as it's MUCH darker than what it appears in the tube. Rather than being a very dark red, it's actually almost black.

Colour aside, the formula is very thin. I would compare it to the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, which feels very similar, but whereas the Kat Von D goes on evenly with one coat, this went on very patchy/streaky. I needed to build it up to about two and a half layers to get the true colour. At that point, after only a few minutes of wear, it began to crumble off in little bits on my teeth.

Needless to say I was less than impressed with this, and I will be returning it.

July 21, 2016

I made the mistake of applying it- drinking my coffee and losing all the benefit (that's because I didn't have much experience with liquid lipsticks.) Put this on, let it dry completely (10 minutes or so) and then start eating. The colours are beautiful. I tend to only need one swipe for the coverage I want.

July 17, 2016

I recently bought this product in 'Unicorn' and 'Who's zoomin who'. I've worn the lipsticks out a few times and I just found them too difficult to wear! I wanted to love these lipsticks, really! I read so many reviews in order to troubleshoot my problems. Exfoliated my lips, moisturized, masked, lipliners, no lipliners. I just can't seem to get the long wear that the company claims. Because of the ultra-matte look, as soon as any moisture hits the colour, it gets blotchy. Once this happens theres no quick touch-ups. You have to remove it (which is not easy to do when you're out and about) and then totally re-apply. I can't handle worrying about my lipstick throughout the day. Especially when it's such a bold colour, it's that much more obvious.

Ultimately, if I know I'll be out for a short period of time, and NOT eating, I'll happily wear my Melted Matte lipsticks because I love the look so much. Otherwise I suppose I'll be leaving these lipsticks on the sidelines.

July 02, 2016

"Child Star" is a super pretty light nude shade, that looks great on my very fair skin tone. This was always sold out whenever I looked at these online or in store (my local store only carried 5 shades of this), and I had been wanting to try it since it first came out. It went on great! Super easy to apply, a little thinner in consistency than KVD or ABH, but very long lasting. It actually didn't feel like I was wearing anything on my lips at all... and it didn't dry out my lips either! Stayed on through eating and drinking, but came off easily when I took it off at night. This is a great liquid lipstick and I can't wait to buy more shades!

June 28, 2016

The new melted matte liquid lipstick line from too faced is great. The shades are just beautiful and it is long wear. They are fairly creamy and not fully drying, but they last a long time. I've never had an issue with reapplying!

June 03, 2016

I have the child star shade a I really really love it! The formula is amazing, stays on the lips quite a long time. I can't way to get more shades, I have already a list of the one I want to buy! One of my favourite liquid mate lipstick.