Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer Reviews

Ranked #15 out of 1159 in Eye Shadow

The silicone-based eyeshadow primer transforms any eye shadow into a perfectly blendable, color-drenched, intensified version of itself, then locks it down perfectly until you take it off. The skin soothing formula evens out the skin tone on your lids and smoothes out lines while it secures a barrier between the oils of your skin and your makeup, so no shadow catastrophes will ever happen again.

December 05, 2016

i hate this primer so much, quite possibly the worst one i have used in my life, no matter how much i squish around and try to mix up the formula it still comes out super oily and takes forever to set on my eyes so i can apply shadow, even then it makes the blending of my eyeshadow and even bigger challenge

1.5/5

November 25, 2016

I received a sample of this with an order from Sephora.

This primer came with a ton of very bold claims on the back, including the very boldest of all -- that 9/10 women said that this was their favourite eyeshadow primer.  I had heard many great things about it, and after reading those claims, I was certainly expecting great things.

I have to say, I don't really get the hype.  The texture of this is very strange.  It's almost...foamy.  I can think of no other way to describe it.  It's feels like a foamy, souffle-like texture.  As I tried to spread it around my eyelid, it took forever for it to blend in.  It just kept slipping and sliding around, and I wasn't using too much.  Additionally, this isn't the type of primer to add any coverage to the eyelids, which I personally prefer due to my translucent skin -- but this is something I could look past if the primer actually performed.

When I finally got it in place and set it with a powder -- which I do with all of my primers -- I noticed that my eyeshadows didn't blend very well on top.  It's almost like the primer was still too tacky, even after setting it with a powder.  When applying my eyeshadows, they just kind of stuck down in one place and muddied up, instead of blending out seamlessly.

The best thing I can say about this primer is that it definitely kept my eyeshadow in place.  As in, I literally had trouble removing my eyeshadow at the end of the day when typically I don't.  I don't like having to rub at my eyes that hard, so this actually turned into another negative for me, not a positive.

Maybe this didn't work for me because of my particular skin type -- I'm not really sure.  All I know is I get way better results from the drugstore, and I won't be purchasing a full size of this.

November 16, 2016

A definite must have if you plan on wearing eyeshadow. Make eyeshadows blend effortlessly and go on with amazing pigment. Makes eyeshadows last all day without creasing!

October 13, 2016

I actually got this in the "Too Faced Grand Palais" set, so I've never purchased it individually. But I love love love this primer. I just ran out of it, and it's lasted me almost a year. A little goes a very long way. I never used to use primer until I bought this set, and it honestly makes a huuuuuuge difference. It really makes the colours pop and makes it so much easier to blend.

June 08, 2016

This is primer ranks at the top of my list of favorite eye primers. I have oily lids and am prone to having my eye make up creasing. This primer counteracts the oiliness and prolongs the lasting power of my eye makeup!

May 04, 2016

This is my favourite eye shadow base. I love the fact that it comes in a little tube and i really love the texture of it. It really helps my shadows sticking to my lids and i could not go without it. I've been using this for 3 years now and i dont plan on changing it, even if sometimes i consider and look at other brands ;)

April 25, 2016

This is a great eye shadow primer, prevents fading and creasing. Helps shadow to be applied smoothly and blend effortlessly. Your eye shadow will look perfect for hours! Even through nap time.

April 05, 2016

Love this primer, works great. Can go a whole day without getting shadow in my creases. Some days even after crazy sweat sessions at the gym I don't have to reapply eye showdow.

April 05, 2016

I was recommended this by one of the girls at Sephora. I was looking for a good way to keep my glitter on. She said she used this one. I tried it out and it worked great. You just need a little dab and pat it on eyelid. The apply glitter. No fallout once glitter is on. About $30 but lasts a long time. Well worth it.

March 17, 2016

I use this primer whenever I do a smoky eye, and it keeps my eyeshadow on all day! This is a must have in your makeup collection. The tube is easy to squeeze product out, and it spreads easily.