Toppik Hair Building Fibers

Toppik Hair Building Fibers Reviews

Ranked #1648 out of 2161 in Hair Care

June 08, 2015

After having my son I lost a lot of hair that left bald spots. I already had thin hair from my mother's side. It really bothered me especially since I work in customer service. I looked for and tried many hair products. This is the only one that worked hands down the best. Has different colours to match. Where I buy I don't see a grey colour, this is large market they are losing out on. Purchase at Shoppers Drug Mart.

June 07, 2015

I'm so glad I found this hair fiber! I works really well in hiding my thinning spots. The results are great, and I don't think anyone would notice that part of my hair is actually "sprayed in hair fibers" if they weren't told. However, you need to be extra careful when applying the hair fibers, otherwise it'll leave a big mess on your face.

April 25, 2015

I use the product for 2 years now, it's good and stay the hole day and must use hair spay with it but sometimes during my day I go to see myself in mirror, I see some black powder in my face. So I have to keep looking and clean it. Also the price is very expensive.

February 13, 2011

Toppik fibers are made of all natural organic keratin protein, the same protein that hair is made of. The fibers in Toppik are charged with static electricity so they intertwine with your own hair and bond securely.

The directions state to gently apply the product directly to the base/root of your hair, by shaking the bottle, and ready!, get set!, go! But, it takes just a little bit more patience.

I find it's best to section your hair, and shake the product directly onto your scalp, once you have applied a satisfactory amount, brush it through your hair with a fine tooth comb, something that will spread the product, but not cause you to lose a sufficient amount of it.

Overall, the product does a wonderful job of covering bald spots and thinning areas, while it mostly attaches to the root area, it does create a fuller, thicker appearance. You can literally get right up into the mirror, and not see where the product ends, and your hair begins. I think of it as a nice "fluffer".

The downside of the product is, losing a lot of the product during application and washing it out. The fibers tend to go everywhere, regardless of how much you try and concentrate it into one area, you will lose a lot of product, just by shaking it. I do know Toppik has started to add some applicators to their site, so maybe they will help that issue.

Washing the product out of your hair is a pain, if you have a white shower. The product will stain just about any area it lands on, if not immediately washed away, so be careful to clean up effectually, after removing the product in the shower.

Overall, the product does what it says it will do, create a fuller look, by camouflaging thinning areas/bald spots.

tracy1963 has started a new forum topic

Manic Panic Hair Dye

j.beauty earned the Beauty Guru badge

Morphe Eyeshadow Palettes

Morphe Brushes

prettyrainbow added a new review for
Bio-Oil