Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation Reviews

Ranked #92 out of 613 in Foundation

January 09, 2017

High hopes! Had seen some great reviews, watched some Youtube videos on the stuff, and just had to get it. And a pretty penny it was! Used up a lot of my Shopper's Optimum points for that baby! The color wasn't quite right, but it's hard to get a really good match sometimes. But after applying it (first using moisturizer, and also a primer), if I touched my skin, say to rub my nose (and I had also set it with a finishing powder), it rubbed off! So not only did I noticed little areas of my face that seemed to be missing makeup, but on the areas that it didn't rub off, it tended to settle into any little line it could find. The cosmetics girl that sold it to me also said to watch out for oxidation, and it did some of that too. So, the hopes that were so high, came crashing down, and I won't be buying again. I did try 3 different primers, but to no avail. Maybe some had better luck, but not this chick!

January 05, 2017

I have struggled with my skin for a really long time and finding a foundation that didn't make it worse or make me feel like I'm wearing a mask has been hard. I have very oily skin that breaks out very easily with products. Everything I have tried has made it worse in the past. And finding the right shade for my fair, pink tone has been difficult. I am so happy to have tried this one despite the price tag. It covers everything with a matte finish with little amounts and feels light on my skin. I also swear my acne has been better since using it regularly. The first time in my life people are coming over to me and telling me I have great skin when I wear it. It sounds silly but it has really helped wih my comfidence etc. If they ever change it or stop making it I will legit cry! Lol.

December 19, 2016

I use this foundation almost daily I find my skin to be oily so this definitely stays on all day it's a bit pricey but worth it if you want full coverage that will last.

October 26, 2016

My only issue with this foundation is that their color selection seems to be a bit inaccurate. I had a lot of trouble finding one that matched my skin tone, but during the summer when I am tan I can make it work. That being said, I love the way it looks on. I have rather large pores and this foundation makes my skin look great. It stays on well and helps me stay matte.

October 12, 2016

Didn't like this at all on my dry skin, it clung to everything. The coverage is amazing though so if you're looking fora full coverage base and have normal-oily skin, I think you would love this.

September 27, 2016

I love a good full coverage foundation. This is great because it sticks really well all day. Needs to be set, - lot of transfer if you don't set it. Can look cakey if you use too much. A little goes a long way with this foundation. I like to use a bb cream and then this just to give extra coverage. Doesn't wear well though, 8 hour wear I would say, not 16. It does oxidize and can look a bit orangey but that can be combated with a concealer and powder. Love this product for special occasionsand for every day use.

September 23, 2016

LOVE this foundation! It has awesome coverage and stays on well.

I have dry skin so I have to make sure that I have to prep well beforehand.

Please note too the colour tends to oxidize/darken as the foundation sets on your face so go a shade at least lighter than you think you are. I wear 3.0 on my fake tan skin and 1.0 on my pale self. I suggest getting samples at Sephora before committing to a full bottle.

September 17, 2016

I heard mix reviews and wanted to try it for myself. I got a sample from sephora. There was a representative from UD in that day, she said it does oxide by a shade, you need your skin to be hydrated and moisturized and when applying not to dot it over the face, you have to blend it right away. When getting a shade she grabbed shade 5 right away put a pump on my hand and said yeah that's your shade. I'm looking at it thinking no it's dark, I'm fair skinned, but because the lighting is different in the store, then my room and outside maybe it just looked dark in the store. Applied the foundation to my face, thick but easy to work with, it was dark and orangey, went to a different room, brown and orangey. Has medium coverage, a weird smell, shows all the lines on your face, felt light but after not even an hour on felt heavy, face doesn't look flawless.

September 12, 2016

I had heard pretty good things about this foundation. It’s a full coverage foundation with a matte finish. It’s also waterproof. The packaging is cute and I like that it’s a pump bottle. I found it looked kind of orange while I applied it during my first application. However, I didn’t really find it orange in other lighting. It had a pretty cakey finish upon my first application so maybe I just applied too much product. I had quite a bit of creasing on my under eye but I don’t know if that was because of my concealer, the foundation or if I just wasn’t quick enough to use a setting powder. It did rub off quite a bit round my nose and chin/jawline before my work day was over and any powder that was applied on top of it got kind of blotchy by mid afternoon. My second day of application was a lot better; I used less product so it wasn’t cakey and there was no creasing around the eyes, there was no orange tinge but my powder still did get a little blotchy although not nearly as bad, and it wore off around my nose a little but not super noticeable. It definitely blended well with my skin more after my face produced just a little oil and the makeup sort of adapted. I would say this foundation has maybe 7-8 hours of wear. It feels pretty light and it’s very full coverage with a natural looking matte finish. I wouldn’t say it’s good for people with a lot of texture to their face or people with dry skin. I wouldn’t feel confident wearing this to work all day and then like going out for dinner afterward without going home to reapply or at least touch up. It’s definitely not a good foundation for any day of traveling but it’s good for my 8 hour work day. My co-worker said my face still looked great half way through my work day which made me feel like anyone else who isn’t a makeup junkie isn’t noticing the flaws that I am. This product is $49; overall I think will be sticking to the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation.