Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette Reviews

Ranked #355 out of 1111 in Eye Shadow

July 05, 2016

Urbann Decay never disappoints when it comes to quality and pigmentation. I was fortunate to get this palette on a steal of a sale at Sephora but otherwise I likely would not have bought it as most of the colors are not all that wearable in the 'real world' for me as a woman in her mid thirties. Don't get me wrong, the colors are amazing, I just couldn't really pull them off at my day job without getting sent home or some really crazy looks!

April 21, 2016

Amazing pigmentation! Colours blend well. A must for a bold make up collection. For those newer to makeup shadows are grouped in rows that work well together.

February 02, 2016

This is my favourite palette out of all the Vice palettes. Every colour seems to work well with my hazel/green eyes and get compliments every time I wear the colours from this! My favourite colour from the palette is the bottom burgundy colour, I have burgundy/brown hair so I find it compliments me quite well. I wish this palette sold year round :(

August 14, 2015

I have this pallet in my professional kit - and I love it! It has a variety of shades, colours and finishes that when I was caught with forgetting my matte pallet I still had a few shades to pick from on this pallet. Colours are great and quite pigmented - depending on which brushes and technique you use I did find a bit of fallout but nothing major. Definitely love this one!

April 03, 2015

I love all the shades in this palette! I don't find myself reaching for it every day though.

January 05, 2015

Decay Vice 3 Eyeshadow Palette contains 20 new shades with a mixture of matte, satin, sparkle and metallic finishes in an array of shades that are suitable for all skin tones. From soft blacks and stunning burgundies to rich and smoky reds, there’s a little something for everyone. It comes packaged in beautiful sleek, silver metal case with abstract striped design and bright neon lime Vice logo on the front. It boasts a pigment infusion system that offers rich and intense colour payoff with a stunning finish. Each buttery soft and smooth shade is arranged into columns, with the neutrals on the left, jewel tones in the middle and smoky shades on the right to help you create your own custom quad palette. You can pair each colour coordinated quad or have fun by mixing and matching them to create your own unique eye look. Each shadow has excellent quality, smooth, creamy and extremely buttery. The formula couldn’t get any better. It applies and blends like a dream. Each shade is extremely pigmented with little to no fall out and provides 8 to 10 hours of wear time without fading or creasing, when used with a primer.

November 12, 2014

This is a very wearable palette with a mix of metallic, mattes and satin finishes. The texture varies across the palette - while most are tightly packed and highly pigmented; some are powdery and soft and will take some time to pack on the pigment.

The shades with the worst texture and fall out are Truth, Bobby Dazzle, Broke Down and Bondage. These shades are quite powdery and they just fly all over my face and my vanity.

There is a little bit of fall out and drier texture issues with the shades in the first column, thats where all the satins/mattes are - Undone, Downfall and DTF. Revolver, which is a black with blue undertone, is also a bit of a let down, with the fall out.

Other than those shade, the rest of the palette is perfection. Thats 11 shades out of 20 being really really good and up to the standard expected from Urban Decay! My favourites are Dragon, Herione, Vanity, Lucky, Reign, Sonic and Angle.

Overall, I feel this palette is very versatile and wearable. The packaging is amazing!! Its slim with a magnetic closure and a good quality full size mirror. Its definitely travel friendly. The UD pouch it comes in, makes it look even more luxurious. Its a stunning palette to look at and to use every day! Yes it has options for everyday looks, to smoky night outs. If you are a fan of colors than it offers very wearable blues, green, cranberry and purple shades to choose from.
The drier texture and fall out issues did force me to return it but the only reason I decided to keep it is that its a limited edition and its a collectors (read makeup hoarder) piece.
If you are a UD fan, you will enjoy it, but if you are just looking for an amazing palette, this might not be the best one out there.