• Vichy Pureté Thermale Beautifying Cleansing Micellar Oil

Vichy Pureté Thermale Beautifying Cleansing Micellar Oil Reviews

1 review
Ranked #43 out of 98 in Beauty Oil

March 05, 2016

Some cleansing oils are very thick in consistency if a thicker base oil used like sunflower or rosehip oil. While these thicker oil cleansers feel wonderful to massage into the skin, they can be a challenge to remove from the eyes because they do not rinse out easily. The Purete Thermale version is lighter and made of highly refined mineral oil base, but does contain camellia (tea seed) oil which historically has been shown to have moisturizing, anti-microbial and antioxidant properties. It also is a great emulsifier meaning that oil-based makeup products don't stand a chance when this cleansing oil touches it!

This is one of the first cleansing oils I have used that contains fragrance, but not to worry because it does not last once everything has been rinsed off. I actually enjoyed the scent though I cannot pinpoint what exactly it is.

The most important question is probably, "Did this cleansing oil work?" and I can definitely say that yes, even waterproof eye makeup was no obstacle for this cleansing oil! If I had extra coats of mascara, I made sure to be extra generous with the oil around my eye area and give some extra TLC. It also did not make my vision blurry which I loved! The consistency is lighter which I appreciated and rinsed off with ease.