Vidal Sassoon London Luxe Reviews

Ranked #10 out of 258 in Hair Colour

September 24, 2016

I do enjoy the vidal sassoon hair colours however I am salonist girl.... I got this to try in the deep velvet violet. It was a good hair colour probably not my favorite process. I really loved the colour tho and hope they transfer it to the salonist line by the same company.

August 22, 2016

I am madly in love with the Vidal Sassoon London Luxe color line !!!!
I have tried two of their red shades and as someone who has been colouring her red off and on since she was 16 .. I know my stuff.
This hair dye is soo easy to apply .. its nice and thick and a little goes a long way. It doesnt smell bad like other home hair colours.
The two reds I have tried are Mayfair burgandy and just recently Merlot Vibrant Red ... and BOTH are great .. best at home red I have ever used .. the colours are bright and vibrant and rich and stay that way for weeks and weeks ... My hair is shiney and healthy and smells great .. 100% never going to a salon for red hair again .. Great prices !!!

July 17, 2016

I love this hair dye! The color is vibrant and shimmery, like when I get it done professionally. It completely covered my greys and kept them covered longer than most other boxed dyes I've used. Will definitely be purchasing this brand next time!

June 27, 2016

After separating from my ex I wanted a change, I wanted to go red and this is what was suggested. And to put it in short terms, I've always ran to this exact brand and colour. It's vibrant and long lasting.

March 15, 2016

I bought this product few weeks ago because it was on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $9.99, and the box included a $3 off coupon, making it $6.99 a box. The greatest thing is Checkout51 was offering $3 rebate, so I actually got a full box of Vidal Sassoon London Luxe (London Lilac) for $3.99!

I didn't have too much hope for my hair to become the deep purple as described in the box because of my virgin black hair. I read the instructions and dyed my hair accordingly, and left it on for about 45 minutes as instructed. After I washed my hair the first time, my hair seemed very dark, darker than my natural hair colour. I was not too enthused. However, after a few wash the colour came through, though not quite purple but more of a red tone. I am thoroughly surprised to see colour on my virgin black hair, and I'm quite happy with the colour even though it's not purple.

My hair still feels the same and smooth, so no damage at all. So not having to bleach my virgin black hair and still able to dye my hair, I'd say this product works! I highly recommend it!! I've attached a photo of my hair in direct sunlight. Enjoy!!

February 13, 2016

I dye my hair red and vidal sassoon london luxe is the best color, vibrant and it stays for a couple of weeks.

Hair don't get too dry after the treatment whcihc is a miracle when you dye your hair often.

If i can't catch my hairdresser on time, this is my GO TO!

January 04, 2016

did not like this hair dye at all i always have good results with hair dye but this brand wouldnt stay in my hair about a week later it all washed out

December 23, 2015

I love to colour my hair. I have no problems trying every colour under the sun. That being said, I can't since I work for a corporate company so I do have to keep my image relatively generic. Prior to this review I have never tried a Vidal Sassoon product. I always wished I could afford one, so when I got my invite from www.buzzagent.com I was thrilled.

What I know about hair colour from my many years of colouring is that dye's dry out and damage your hair. The more abnormal the colour the less likely it is to stay in. And dye's fade over time. This is what I expect from every hair dye, and what I expected from the London Luxe.

Now, lets look at their claims!
When you look at their website, they only have one claim:
Bold colour that lasts up to 8 washes.

That is not a very strong claim, 8 washes for some people can be less that a week. This got me worried that I was going to end up having to go buy another box of hair dye to fix the disaster that was to come. Not to mention that I know that this is consider to be a high end hair dye so I was deeply concerned.

My concerns were put to ease quite fast after I applied the hair dye. I got an amazing burgundy colour, which I fell in love with (its been 4 months since I did this trial, and I still colour my hair burgundy.) My husband is a natural red head, I a blonde naturally. He loves the colour too, and is actually the reason why I still use it.

I did find however, that after I ran out of the conditioner that came in the box that my colour started to fade. This upset me a lot, since I have no idea what makes that conditioner any different from any other.

This line had a lot of great bold colours to choose from, and I do recommend it if you want to splurge on a colour that is a little more unique from the more mid range hair colour lines.

As per my friends and families thoughts, they all loved it! I handed out coupons, but everyone had to pass on it because of the price. On their website they say $8.99 however in the store I couldn't find it for under $14.00. So I wish you all luck on finding some at their website rate! And if you do, send me an email to let me know where you found it!

September 23, 2015

I have use Vidal Sassoon London Luxe in a few different colors and have love my results each and every time. The price isn't too bad, although the last time I used it I was lucky enough to get a box for free. My hair doesn't take color very well normally but with this dye my hair just soaks up the colour. I've been telling my friends about it and they can't wait to try it.

September 22, 2015

Salon quality, mild smell and long lasting color.