Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Hair Colour Reviews

Ranked #6 out of 258 in Hair Colour

August 12, 2016

I recently bought 6RR Runway Red, hoping to boost the vibrancy of my current color. This red is fantastic and really close to a "true" red - people looking for more of a natural/ginger/auburn dye might want to look elsewhere. I've washed it a few times, with no real fading, and it covered my greys perfectly!

June 06, 2016

78 Dark Cool Blonde, this is the color I had purchased and received fantastic results. I have stubborn greys and I have tried so many different brands of hair colouring products over the years that claim to cover grey hair but only to be disappointed. This coloring mixture was pretty thick which meant no drips, no mess and quick application. Oh not a strong scent, so I was able to color my hair in bathroom. My hair really soaked up the color nicely and I was able to lightly bunch up my shoulder length hair in a bun and cover with a plastic bag and waited. I rinsed my hair and used the conditioner that came with this box and loved the smell and the way it made my hair feel so soft and luxurious and I was able to comb my hair without any hesitation. My only problem, this particular color is hard to find on the drugstore shelves.

May 30, 2016

Although this is one of the more expensive hair dyes out there I find it works great. I usually try to purchase it when I see it on sale. I find it covers the grey and lasts the 4-6 the some don't. My hair doesn't look dull and it doesn't have that brittle feeling that some tend to make my hair feel. I also find my hair doesn't break as often as some others have made my hair do.

April 17, 2016

Amazing hair dye! Rich, long lasting colour. Absolutely no mess! The formula is nice a thick so there's no dripping. An absolute favourite, the conditioner that comes with it is also amazing. Smells great and makes your hair feel wonderful.

March 18, 2016

I recently dyed my hair from a very vibrant red to a violet color in this series, and I absolutely love it. It left my hair sleek, manageable and shiny, as well as bold in color. I will definitely be purchasing again!

March 17, 2016

I was really excited when I received this for free as part of a BzzAgent Campaign. I had heard a lot of good things about this product and had been looking forward to trying it for a while - so when this opportunity came up, I jumped at it! Other products that I have used in the past have been okay, and some that I would never use again. Unlike other products that could be really runny and messy, Vidal Sassoon isn't. The application was very easy and mess-free - it is usually very difficult to have a clean process when using really bright colours (red in this case), but the mess was very minimal. The colour that I chose to try out was - Merlot Vibrant Red [5RR]. I often like to experiment with several different red shades, but have yet to find one that I would like to stick with. When using other red (or any other bright colour) hair dyes, the process can become very messy, especially when the product is runny - in this case, it wasn't. I was really pleased with the end result. I had a shade of brown prior to dying my hair, and it worked really well with covering up all the brown. Some products that I've tried in the past do not live up to my expectations - they end up turning out completely different than what it shows on the box - but with this product, it turned out exactly as shown - which is rare! Another thing that I really like about this product is that it smells lovely - most hair dyes have an off-putting smell, which discourages me from using it again. The hair colour lasts up to eight weeks, the quality you can get at the salon. To assist with this, you are provided with a conditioner that is water resistant, which helps to prevent any fading, and keeps your hair colour looking very vibrant. I usually don't like to use the conditioner provided with the hair dye, since it tends to make my hair very oily - but with this product, I tried it out, and I loved the result. Not only will I purchase hair colours from this series again in the future, but I am interested in trying out some of Vidal Sassoon's other products - shampoo, conditioner.

March 09, 2016

I dye my hair every few months with this stuff because I've heard negative reviews about the cheaper hair dyes out there. This was also the first box dye I got my hands on during a warehouse sale so I figured if my hair was messed up at least I didn't pay $100+ for it. I'm happy with the results. I wash my hair everyday so I do expect color to fade faster.Surprisingly this stuff doesn't fade even when I use drugstore brand (i.e. Tresemme, Dove) colored safe shampoos.

January 29, 2016

I purchased Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Hair Colour in London Lilac. The process was easy, no dripping, less mess and had a good aroma (not over powerful chemical smell). The colour was rich, bold and totally beautiful. It covered all my greys and gave an amazing all over colour. My hair felt so soft and smooth afterwards. It lasts long and stays bright. I've gotten so many complements. Awesome product.

October 12, 2015

This past summer I got a free sample in exchange for an unbiased review. I picked Merlot/Medium Vibrant Red/5RR because it was the best match to my preferred colour. (I have been going red for years.) If you want the TL;DR, I enjoyed the sample a lot. There were two parts I specifically loved: how thick the mixture was and how long-lasting the colour was. The main down-side was the conditioner scent. Now, if you want all the details, let's dive in!

Thickness of Mixture--The reason this stood out to me was because even my favourite colours (mostly L'Oréal Féria tend to be drippy. I like to use some on my eyebrows (I know! I know! Bad.) and so the safety of this thick mixture made me feel more confident doing it. Also, there was significantly less drip down my neck and shoulders. The down side of this is that I did get a bit of hairline staining, but it was mostly gone within 24 hours and repeated face-washings. I felt like it was totally gone after another thorough shampoo. I will admit the texture initially felt odd, like it wouldn't be enough hair colour, but it was enough. I think anyone with much longer hair than mine might consider a second package, though. Note that my hair is short, but thick.

Long-Lasting Colour--This is the most impressive aspect. The colour remained vibrant for quite a long time after I used it. With red that can be difficult to achieve. Even by five or six weeks out it still looked bright and fun. Good stuff!

The Down Sides--There weren't many down sides. The hairline staining as mentioned above, and the conditioner scent I found off-putting. It was something like a cross between vanilla and banana Now-and-Laters (for people who remember those). It had a very fake, overly-sweet scent. It did not stop me from buying it again, but it certainly made me think twice. I'd encourage Vidal Sassoon to create a gentler scent to the in-box conditioner.

Conclusion: Buy--When all was said and done, I purchased this colour a second and third time. I think I want to go back to a bit more warmth in the colour than it has, but I'll see if the Vidal Sassoon London Luxe line has such a colour (maybe the 6RR?) since there was a lot to like. I would certainly be happy to return to Féria again, too, but I can highly recommend London Luxe.

September 26, 2015

To start, I have really long hair, so I was concerned one bottle wouldn't be enough, and I was right. I purchased two boxes(same colour) Before you start, a few key things to have on hand: vaseline, old shirt or towels, a comb and clips. I read the instructions on the box and followed them to a T. Really clean hair will not hold the dye well, so try to have your hair a bit dirty before you dye. The smell was pretty bad, and make sure its done in a really well ventilated area because the smell is intense. That is the ONLY thing I didn't like about this dye. I was so happy I purchased another box because to saturate the strands really well, I was only about half way through when I ran out of the dye. Make sure if you do need a second bottle, have it all mixed and ready to go before you start. I left the dye on longer than the recommended half hour, I did about 45 minutes. Be sure to do the strand test so you know how long you should leave it on for. I also found it helpful that I seperated my hair into about four sections and that made it easier to ensure every strand of hair was coated really well. I used the vaseline around my hairline, ears and back of my neck. This made clean up a breeze. After I rinsed the dye out, I used the conditioner that came in the box, and it left my hair so soft and manageable. I really like how well the colour turned out, and really love how healthy it looks and feels!! After dying hair sometimes it can really dry out the hair and leave it brittle, not with this Vidal Sassoon dye. My hair looks like I had a deep conditioning treatment. So impressed with this stuff!! I don't dye my hair at home very often, I usually go to the salon. But after my experince with this brand, I will definitely use it again. I am a fan! I love the shade I picked and just how beautiful it looks!