Vidal Sassoon Salonist Hair Color Reviews

Ranked #9 out of 258 in Hair Colour

September 23, 2016

I love red hair but I don't like paying salon prices because it fades SO fast and because my hair is so dark they usually have to bleach it leaving it really fried and damaged. I saw this at my drugstore and something about it just made me really want to try it so I got 5/45 medium intense red. You do your roots first and then you mix a serum into it and rub it into sections of your hair. I love that part because it's really fast to do your whole head and I find it's not as harsh as other drugstore dyes.
But..HOLY IS IT RED. I almost regretted it because it was SO vibrant but after the stain on the scalp went away (two washes MAX I promise) and I styled it I fell in love. I can't get over how much it shows even without sunlight, it's amazing. It does fade within a month and a half but what red doesn't? And for the price, I don't mind doing it every couple months. Definitely give it a try!

September 08, 2016

The first time I tried this hair colour was over a year ago, when I received a coupon for a free Vidal Sassoon hair dye. I have been in love ever since!

I wear the shade 5/45 Medium Intense Red. I don't have any grey to cover, I just enjoy being a redhead! I have naturally medium/dark brown hair, and this covers it completely without any bleach. It's a really vibrant and intense red.

The instructions are a bit weird on this one. I don't have long hair by any means -- I actually have very short hair,with an undercut -- so it can be hard to follow the directions, and I always end up with tons of product left over. However, this is the longest lasting hair colour I've ever used, so the weird directions obviously do something to help the longevity! I can literally go for at least three months without colouring, and my hair still looks fantastic.

I find that the smell on this hair colour is also far less pungent than other hair dyes. The smell always really gets to me and makes me cough up a lung, but not so with this one, nor does it make my head itch. I have very fine and delicate hair, but this doesn't seem to damage my hair in any way.

This is on sale frequently, so I don't think I've ever paid full price for it. As someone who has tried a lot of dyes, I can honestly say that this is by far the best.

June 02, 2016

The only con to this hair dye is that it's a two step system which is a slight inconvenience but the quality of product is just amazing. Absolutely zero mess and amazing colour. Great moisturizing condition included as well.

January 29, 2016

I tried this brand of hair dye because I had a coupon and it was on sale. I can't say that I am completely impressed because the colour that it was supposed to be didn't come out true. I am hoping as the red fades out the colour will be more vivid but so far... wishing I had gone back to normal dye I usually purchase.
Thus hair dye would be very effective on lighter hair colours. The conditioner that comes with it is very nice and luxurious feeling.

January 25, 2016

This is the brand I previously used. I bought the intense auburn. Knowing red doesn't stick as long, I added that to my consideration. The process is much better having the root kit included, the colour wasn't as "Intense" as expected. The colour however lasts a bit longer than other brands.

October 30, 2015

I had heard great things about Vidal Sassoon Salonist Hair Color. So after reading many reviews I tried it out. The color was incredibly accurate to what was on the box. And very nice too. I used it about a month ago and its still holding on very nicely.

August 04, 2015

I got this with a free coupon from the company. I thought it was very nice, didn't smell too bad and easy to use. I got dark auburn and it came out pretty close to the colour on the box, maybe a little darker. I would use this product again.

July 15, 2015

I recently used this in the dark auburn shade. There was plenty of product in the box so is great for those like me who have hair past their shoulders. The two step system takes a bit of getting used to if you haven't used the brush before, but the formula was nice and thick so no dripping. The colour was very vibrant for the first couple of days (maybe a little too bright for my taste) but after a couple of washes it toned down to a very nice auburn shade. All in all it is a very good hair dye and not a bad price point either.

July 04, 2015

I received a coupon from someone for a free Vidal Sassoon hair color. I chose this product in 9/0 Light Neutral Blonde.
I had medium brown regrowth and blonde lengths with recent half-hearted attempts at adding some highlights to blend the regrowth in.
The product is easy to use, and the directions are clear and make it obvious as how to use the product.
There were no harsh smells. The condition felt great and smelled really nice too.
My results were very satisfactory, and I would recommend this to my customers at work, and to friends!

July 03, 2015

OMG, This is worth every bit of money, normally box dyes I have to use 2 because everything is small this is not the case with this product everything is bigger, smell is nice, it's thick cream so no drips which in any case PERFECT no dye on the bra lol