• Windex Original
  • Windex Original

Windex Original Reviews

Ranked #26 out of 357 in Household Cleaning Products

January 10, 2017

You can't go wrong on this one it is the number one cleaning product for a reason, It's AWESOME I love Clean windows and cupboards and all surface that need a good cleaning!..

January 07, 2017

Windex has been around for decades because it is an excellent product. Cleans glass and much more to perfection. The scent is pleasant and not over powering.

January 05, 2017

Windex is fantastic! It has so many uses other than just making your windows shine. You can clean countertops, stove tops, stainless steel, even the floor! I love windex.

January 05, 2017

Seriously... is there anything better then the classic windex? You can clean anything with it, and it gets the job done. Even after all these years, and all the different kinds of products, this is still my go to.

November 30, 2016

I can't really tell if this works any better than vinegar - or water, for that matter - but I do like how easy it is to clean with (as long as you maintain your glass properly and not sure it once every "whenever I feel like it"). The smell isn't too bad, the spray works well all the way through the entire bottle, and with the colour it's easy to tell where you've sprayed. I'll still continue to buy it, but I wouldn't be beyond cleaning it with other things - especially since a "disinfected" mirror doesn't really matter to me since its purpose isn't to be touched.

Updated On: December 14, 2016

I don't know what I meant to type instead of "sure it", sorry. For me, the product is useful when I use it often and not whenever I feel like it is probably the essence of what I tried to type.

November 12, 2016

I love Windex! My mom always used it, and i have never ventured elsewhere for glass cleaning products because I have always been satisfied! I have two dogs and a 17 month daughter- so lots of nose/handprints - Windex always saves the day!

October 05, 2016

Sometimes you can't skimp on certain products, and this is one of them! Winded has been around since I was a kid, and it is all we use. It leaves windows , glass and mirrors shiny and clean. Why use anything else?

October 05, 2016

It is the only glass cleaner I use. The ammonia doesn't bother me but of course it can get strong in large doses. This stuff works like magic. Even for the stainless taps, it removes the watermarks. It also works great work white boards that has permanent marker marks. It cleans it effortlessly.

October 05, 2016

J'ai essayer plusieurs marque de nettoyants pour les vitres et je dois avouer que celui-ci remporte le premier prix. La e bien les vitres,les miroirs dans la maison.

October 05, 2016

I agree with some of the other reviewers, it is the oldest trick in the book when it comes to perfectly clean streak free glass and windows.

Windex was first manufactured in 1933 by S C Johnson but invented in 1933 by Harry. R. Drakett. It was first made in a metal spray aerosol spray can and it was formulated blue for consumer appeal. In 1969 it was re-formulated with more modern surfactants. It still has ammonia however, but it had to be changed because it was 100% flammable and almost 100% solvent. That is why it was in metal cans.

It is the only glass cleaner I buy it is now a safe well known cleaner by a well known family company S C Johnson. Of course, don't ever mix ammonia products with bleach.