YSL Glossy Stain Reviews

Ranked #338 out of 654 in Lip Gloss

December 04, 2015

Years after braces corrected my overbite, I still wasn't a huge lipstick fan. I found that typical stains dried my lips out and glosses caught my hair. On a recent trip to NYC to visit my bestie, she gave me this glossy lip stain and I've never worm a product other than Blistex more consistently. The formula remains moist without being tacky and delivers saturated colour that works for day and night. At $36 a pop, it's definitely and investment but I'm seriously considering sticking with it once my hand-me-down runs out!

April 30, 2015

love love this new glossy stain just purches yeasterday,the makeup artist help me to try on my lips ,it maks my lips very mostu,without dry,stay all day long,little bit last longer.

March 28, 2015

i love the YSL glossy stain i use it for my lips and as a blusher too. It stays longer and the applicator just glides smoothly on my lips very easy to apply whenever I am on the go. i love the gloss it gives to my lips too people around me notices it .makes my lips full and sexier. and what i like about this lip product is it doesnt peel off the skin on my lips unlike other lip products.

December 30, 2014

The best stain gloss I have ever tried! It lasts forever and keeps your lips soft and supple. It is a bit pricy but totally worth it. If you are looking to treat yourself go with YSL lip stain

February 20, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this!

I first tried this at a YSL sponsored event and loved it
and had to buy it the same week. The rose colour was rich and bright and wasn't sticky ( i hate when hair gets stuck to my lips!) The make up artist promised it wasn't going to dry out my lips

I got mine at sephora and when I tried it on, it just wasnt the same. The colour seemed more transparent I had to put multiple layers to get it oqaue and it was much more sticky :< and after long wear my lips started to feel dry!

I've heard that different countries and places might get different formulas but i am not 100% sure. I was disappointed when I got home. But overall its still a decent product but i will probably not buy it again from Sephora

November 18, 2012

I purchased this product in number 15 rose vinyl and it is a lovely color. I love how it looks and i love the consistancy it feels smooth and moisturizing.
The only problem i found is the scent. It is disgusting and really difficult to handle while applying it but i can deal with it only because it goes away once its on.
Over all i can deal with the scent because it really is fantastic in every other way.

October 20, 2012

I wanted to really like this new lip stain but it was kind of difficult and I was pretty disappointed.

The colour doesn't seem to last that long at all--even if it is a stain and is supposed to last longer than a gloss and lipstick.

Its scent is quite nasty and rancid. Left my lips pretty dry too.

Although it comes in a pretty and fancy tube, I would have to pass on this lip product.