This was my first attempt at hot yoga and I loved it. The studio is small but serene with beautiful floors and the faint smell of essential oils. The instructor was very good and the yoga was the best I've ever tried. I have taken yoga classes on and off for years but never hot yoga. Be prepared to sweat quite a bit (dripping sweat). Wear a headband and bring a beach towel to cover your mat. They do provide mats and towels if you forget yours. If it is your first time I recommend putting your mat close to the door as they open it towards the end and the slight breeze is heavenly. Here's my breakdown:
* Amazing workout. Sweating and stretching like that is fantastic for ridding your body of toxins while toning your muscles.
* Instruction is very good.
* Studio is nice. Very relaxing, good vibe though quite small. You come in, do your class and then leave. No hanging around to chit chat.
* The location is a pain. It is not on the subway line so you either have to bus or drive. We were late looking for parking.
* Price is a bit steep. At $17 for a one hour class, I know there are better deals out there. 1 year of unlimited classes is $1200 but they have quite a few options in smaller chunks (1 month, 5 class pass, etc)
I would definitely go back, however I plan to investigate some hot yoga studios closer by so I can walk there. I'm definitely hooked on hot yoga thanks to them.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.