Ali de Bold
on Apr 09, 2008 @ 10:39 pm|
For the Product Review Club, we will always look for the most appropriate reviewers based on the survey questions AND based on whether you have reviewed things in the past. We also look at the quality of your social sharing
If it is a toss up between another member who participates actively on ChickAdvisor with reviews, forums etc and someone who has never reviewed anything on ChickAdvisor, we will always choose the active member. Why? Because the companies that provide products for you to review are counting on your opinions.
Further, your reviews help us grow, so why wouldn't we show extra love to those of you doing your part? Something to keep in mind!
***UPDATE: DECEMBER 2015***
Hi Everyone! I know a lot of you look to this thread for tips and advice and thought it high time I update the original post as there have been changes over the years. Here is what we are looking for when choosing who will be selected for these offers:
1. Are you the right fit for the product? We want to match the product exactly to who it is designed for.
2. Your current reviews on ChickAdvisor. You need to have reviewed at least 5 items on your own from products you already own and love. We are looking at the quality of your reviews. Do you provide helpful, detailed feedback? If you don't like something are you constructive with your criticism?
3. Your social participation. Do you use our hashtags? What is the quality of your social postings? Do people like you and follow you? Our favourite posts are things like Instagram images when you get your products (we love it when you are in them!). Helpful tweets and Facebook posts are also much appreciated. Some of you have even done Youtube videos and blogs. LOVE those!
4. When we send you a product, do you review it? If not we can't choose you again. There are so many of you in our Product Review Club. It's not fair to choose someone who doesn't review over the many others who will.
That's it! I hope it helps and thank you all for your questions and interest in our program!
|thanks for tips on Aug 27, 2010 @ 02:52 pm|
Thanks for the tips Ali. Makes perfect sense to me.
|thanks on Aug 30, 2010 @ 02:06 pm|
I understand know why I was choosen at lot at first and now nothing. I will keep putting up reviews then :)
|cherylb2010 on Sep 02, 2010 @ 02:40 pm|
Thanks for the info, im new to the sight and was wondering how things work. Thanks for clearing it up. Cheers
|thanks for tip! on Sep 02, 2010 @ 04:07 pm|
i'm also very new to the site so thanks for the tip!
|Thanks on Sep 07, 2010 @ 01:29 am|
Thanks for the tips! They make perfect sense!
|Fairly new, trying to do my part! on Sep 28, 2010 @ 03:56 pm|
Thanks for the tips, I really look forward to the day I'll be chosen to review a product. I check my Inbox daily with great anticipation! Until recently, I didn't even know there were sites like this one that provided these fabulous opportunities. Thanks for your hard work. I'll continue participating and keep my fingers crossed ... and keep checking my Inbox!
|Thanks! on Jun 22, 2011 @ 05:37 pm|
Thanks for these awesome tips! I try to contribute a lot to ChickAdvisor through reviews and forum's hopefully this means one day I will be able to review a product from the Product Review Club!
|a few more tips on Aug 22, 2011 @ 04:14 pm|
I want to add to what Ali suggested, and give our newbies a reminder of what you need to do to have the best possible chances of being selected.
#1 - you must be a member of ChickAdvisor! (Yes, we have plenty of people who randomly apply. Obviously, they are the first to be disqualified)
Tip: if you weren't a member but you applied anyway, you can reenter once you've filled the qualifications.
#2 - you must review 5 products or services that were not part of a past Review Club or another offer. This can be anything from your favourite mascara to your favourite sushi restaurant.
Tip: negative reviews are allowed, especially if you explain your negative review ("this product was a bad choice for me because I have dry skin", etc). However, adding only negative reviews paints only half the picture - try adding a few reviews for products or services you have been pleased with.
#3 - you must fill out the selection survey for the Product Review Club offer. Commenting on the article or pinging us on Facebook is not a valid entry. You can always find the selection survey link on the article where we announce the offer in question, but if you're having trouble, email us at info@ChickAdvisor.com.
If you've done all these things, you have covered the basics. To boost your chances, do as Ali (OP) suggested above: add extra reviews, participate in our chat forum, fill in your ChickAdvisor profile, etc - basically show us you're part of our community! It makes us happy :)
|one final thought on Aug 22, 2011 @ 06:16 pm|
We get a lot of emails asking "where do I find my member link/member URL?"
Step 1: Log in to ChickAdvisor.com
Step 2: Click on your member name or profile pic in the upper right corner of the window
Step 3: Look at your browser address bar - it should now display your member URL there which looks like this:
Eg. if your member name is QueenElizabeth, your member URL would be
If this does not work, chances are you do not have a ChickAdvisor member account (they are free, by the way). Don't pass Go, do not collect $200, go straight to our registration page here and get set up now!
Got that? ;)
|Anonymous reviews on Aug 30, 2011 @ 03:15 pm|
one more tip - if you have been reviewing products and services using the Anonymous checkbox, they will not show up in your profile - that's kind of the whole point of anonymous reviews!
Since the Product Review Club requires you to review at least 5 products and/or services before becoming eligible, our admins won't immediately know that you have done so if all of your reviews are marked "anonymous".
If this applies to you, you can do one of two things:
(1) email us at Admins@ChickAdvisor.com to let us know. Please include your member profile name or link! You will need to do this step every time you apply for a new Product Review Club opportunity, so this is more work for you
(2) add a few more reviews without using the anonymous function - this is the easiest solution. Going forward, it would probably be a good idea to only review anonymously if you want to protect your privacy as opposed to automatically selecting this option.