|games on Mar 29, 2015 @ 09:49 pm|
Check out Pinterest, it's my go-to for basically everything LOL
At my aunts bridal shower we played:
|bridal shower on Mar 30, 2015 @ 02:26 am|
CharlieGirl is right, look at pinterest and that last game she mentioned would be fun and hilarious to watch. When my friend got married, one of the games was in a group make a wedding dress out of toilet paper and someone in the group is a model. The newly wed game, karaoke.
|Bridal Shower on Mar 30, 2015 @ 10:12 am|
First congrats!!!!!! to your sister.With regards to a Bridal Shower,the ones I went to played games like,place a lot of peas in a jar and tell everyone to mark down what number they think is in it,make sure to know how many yourself before playing the game.The closest to the answer gets a prize.Play cards at tables,have someone mark everyones own score at the end of say ,four games of 45's.plus the team scores.This is tallied at the of every game,who gets the highest score wins a prize.Make sure to have a door prize.Have everyone sign in on a piece of paper their names,before the shower is over have someone draw a name out of a paper bag to see who wins the door prize.There is one thing I forgot to tell you about the card game,There should be three prizes for the highest number ,and whoever has the worse score ,gets Skunked.A small and cheap but funny prize.I hope this helps you a little with the games at you're Sisters Bridal Shower.Good Luck.
|Bridal Shower on Mar 30, 2015 @ 10:17 am|
Hi again Kylee,there is one thing I forgot to mention,all the showers I went to served Coffee,Tea, Sandwiches(of different types) and cookies,There should be a tray with snacks like ,Chips Cheezies,Candy and Nuts on all the tables all ready for when the guests start to arrive and got the munchies.Don't forget the drinks like,Coke ,Pepsi etc......Muriel.
|Wow thank you girls so much! on Mar 30, 2015 @ 01:12 pm|
I am so excited to use all these ideas, thank you for taking the time to answer my question! Means so much to me.
CharlieGirl, thanks for the game ideas, the last one sounds like a lot of fun!
Sandhur, thanks for the advice! I do have a board for my sister's Bridal Shower on Pinterest!
Angelwingsx2, thank you for giving me a lot of thoughtful ideas. I really like the card table idea!
|Shower on Mar 30, 2015 @ 02:29 pm|
Stay organized by making a list of games along with their respective prizes, that way, you won't be running around trying to figure everything out in front of your guests. Also, get the bridesmaids involved, if there are any. Have one be in charge of the door prizes and collection of gifts for the bride-to-be, another can make sure your snacks are always replenished and take care of the music, while you can be in charge of the general flow of games and their prizes.
A few activities and games I've organized in the past have been the following:
1. On the invitation, ask guests to bring a favorite recipe which they can write on an index card. As they arrive at the party, someone can be in charge of collecting the cards and creating a recipe box for the bride-to-be.
2. Have guests write a few words of advice for the bride and groom on a poster board or guest book before they leave the party.
3. This is a great icebreaker game. Give each guest a clothespin as they enter the venue. Tell them that they cannot touch their face for the entire duration of the party, other than to wipe their mouth with a napkin. If someone catches you touching your face, they collect your clothespin. The person with the most clothespins at the end wins a prize. You can also go with the variation of not saying the bride's or groom's names, but not touching your face is harder than it seems and produces funnier results.
4. Have prizes for the first person who RSVP'd the invitation, one for the person who has a photo of the bride-to-be in their purse, the first person who arrived at the party, etc...
5. Print or cut out photos of male celebrities and one of the groom. Place them in individual envelopes and stick one under each chair. The person who gets the groom wins a prize.
6. You can have a raffle ticket draw for prizes as well.
Have fun organizing the event and I hope your sister loves it!
|Thank you Prettyrainbow on Mar 30, 2015 @ 04:19 pm|
Wow you have given me so many ideas! I'm going to get my planning journal and write these all down! I mean I am so excited for this, and planning it is quite hard at times.