tax advice for a Canadian please?!


My fiance and I just started filing together last year. This year I now have a new dependant to claim and he is a first time home buyer. He thinks we should use an accountant (not H&R block) as to avoid any mistakes and to get the best claim. I say we can still do it ourselves but maybe opt to buy turbotax this year. I typically did our taxes with one of the free website recommended by the CRA website. Anyone have any experience or wisdom to offer? Also wondering if I should be getting 3 T4's from the governement. I have gotten the one for my maternity EI and one for the UCCB. should I be expecting another for the CCTB? 
Mar 04, 2016 @ 08:52 am

4 Replies


tax advice

If you are unsure I would definitely go to a tax consultant for sure. That way, you will be less stressed and know right away Good luck
Mar 04, 2016 @ 08:56 am


Just to be on the safe side, definitely talk to a professional
Mar 04, 2016 @ 08:59 am


I would go to a professional. Lots of changes and you want to be sure.
Mar 04, 2016 @ 10:11 am


We have used turbotax for about 7-8 years now, including when I was on mat leave. It's a very thorough and easy to use program. We have never had any issues. But I've never used it for new home buyer, that's the only part I don't know much about. I feel confident about turbotax and always check and recheck everything. If in doubt, an accountant would've a good idea.
Mar 04, 2016 @ 10:43 am

Leave A Reply