We would like to send you notifications on the latest Product Review Club offers.



i have been concerned with pains during sex,but its usually only when penetrated too deep (sorry if this is graphic. but i am worried).iv heard people say it could just be the position,but others say if i experience period pain it could be a sign of endometriosis.i am worried about this.could someone help me out?
Jul 23, 2008 @ 12:37 pm

4 Replies



Endometriosis is really hard to diagnose without actually going to the doctor. I've known people who have it and sometimes there are symptoms and sometimes they aren't. I also have friends who experience pain from sex and/or periods and they don't have endometriosis.

I'm sure you've done your research into endometriosis and know what it's all about, and what the symptoms of it are - and you think you have some and may have freaked yourself out.

A number of things can cause pain during sex (such as, are you lubricated enough, are you allergic to latex, etc.) A number of things can cause periods to be painful and cause nausea, cramps, that are not necessarily endometriosis.

I'd say if you are really concerned about it and you are having a lot of problems go to see a doctor. Planned Parenthood clinics are great for all of that and are very helpful. If you live in and around Toronto you could always check out "The House" which is located in the downtown core!

I would say, don't freak out until you've talked to someone, there are many reasons why you could be experiencing pain - get it checked out and then take action from there!
Jul 23, 2008 @ 09:43 pm

I've been there...

I had major problems with pain during intercourse in my early 20's. I
went through tests for all the common causes, and they didn't find
anything. It took a couple years, but it went away on its own. I found
that when I worried about it and expected pain, it made the pain that
was already there worse. Kind of a feedback loop of expecting it to
hurt, getting tense, and it hurting more. I had to avoid certain
positions for awhile, and I still occasionally cringe when my cervix
takes a hit hehe. This is pretty common, though.

Go see a doctor so you can stop worrying, and if there is something wrong, you can get it fixed. They've seen and heard everything, so they're not going to freak when you tell them about this.

I don't know how experienced you are, but using a vibrator may help you
get to know your body better, and figure out what exactly is hurting
and what feels good. If it is related to tension and a mental feedback
that increases the pain, it could help you work that out. It definitely
helped me! Yay masturbation!

Sep 04, 2008 @ 10:34 pm

Are you tense?

I used to have a lot of pain during sex and was convinced something was wrong with me. Turns out I was just tensing up in anticipation because I was afraid it would hurt, which in turn of course made it hurt. I would forsure go to the Doctor but in the mean time try to relax, breathe deep and work with him to find the right position that feels the best/least painful for you. It could also be the way he is entering you is hitting you at a bad angle.
Sep 05, 2008 @ 06:33 pm


I know 3 women who have Endometriosis and they all experience periods from HELL. Super terrible cramps that leave them curled up in a ball for 3 days. You should see a doctor to be sure there isn't something being bumped into - like a cyst...
Sep 24, 2008 @ 04:09 pm

Leave A Reply