We would like to send you notifications on the latest Product Review Club offers.

How do you go through a divorce?


I have been separated now over 3 years and want a divorce but am terrified of losing our home. What can I do? 
The guy left and really does not pay support and expects me to pay his debts and all he debt from when we were married even though he makes 4 times what I do and because of the house I have done this for the 3-4 years but am sick of this and need to stop as I have nothing and he has everything in my opinion. Please help. I live in Canada
Feb 27, 2017 @ 07:50 pm

6 Replies


legal help

You need to find legal counseling in your area to help you with this. Don't mention anything to your ex, or any common friends you have, go and talk to a lawyer first. Depending on where you live, you may be able to find a library, a community centre, or a regional help centre. They can then direct you to the right place or person to talk to, based on your situation and financial ability.
Feb 27, 2017 @ 08:06 pm


Here is the government legal aid site for BC (i saw in your profile you're in bc)
Feb 27, 2017 @ 08:10 pm

Added info

I am actually in Manitoba my last trip was to British Columbia and my Granny lives there. I have a lawyer who will not return a call. I am scared. He now has a partner he is living with. He has asked me on many occasions not to make him pay the full amount for child support. I just do not understand him at all.
Feb 27, 2017 @ 08:35 pm


Your lawyer sounds like a complete joke. My advice, seek help elsewhere. You have rights! Is the mortgage in both of your names? Is there a court order for child support? He doesn't get to make his own rules. I would be nailing his ass to the wall!
Feb 28, 2017 @ 04:05 am


i agree with the other chicks, get a lawyer, or at least some legal advice. Often universities have call centres where you can get free legal advice, at least this may help you determine what your next step is.
Feb 28, 2017 @ 04:58 am

Legal Help

It should be the last option for a person as to suspend the relationship. However, if you want to go ahead for it, search for legal counsellor or lawyer and proceed
Jun 26, 2021 @ 05:34 am

Leave A Reply