We would like to send you notifications on the latest Product Review Club offers.

Restaurant Shenanigans


I'm not sure wth is wrong with me, why I'm so destined for random **** to happen to me, but I've had hair in my food at least 4 times in the last six months.

It always seems to be that I notice it only after I've almost finished the meal. Then I immediately feel sick because I think about what I may have consumed.

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you in a restaurant?
Mar 17, 2017 @ 11:04 pm

10 Replies



I didn't mean for this to post as anonymous, ooops!
Mar 17, 2017 @ 11:06 pm

hair, but it could be worse

As far as I'm concerned restaurant dining is taking chances with your health and well being. For instance, I really don't know or can't see who is preparing the food or if they are doing things in a hygienic manner. This is a scary thing for me.
Mar 17, 2017 @ 11:43 pm


This happened at 4 different restaurants? I've never had this happen to me and I would not like it either to say the least.
Mar 18, 2017 @ 04:19 am

On March 18 2017 @ 10:09 am

this has never happened to me I think if I found a hair in my food I would be really disappointed and wouldn't want to eat there anymore
Mar 18, 2017 @ 06:12 am


Thankfully it's never happened to me but it has happened to my significant other. We were having breakfast at chez Cora and he seen a long hair in his food. The waitress brought him a new plate with extra bacon. Not even a free meal. We never went back again. They are lucky it wasn't me cause I would be dry heaving and making a scene. Not much disgusts me by I can't even stand if I see my own hair whether it's in my food or I'm cleaning the bathtub. If I had hair in my food as many times as you I would never eat in a restaurant again.
Mar 18, 2017 @ 08:14 am


we were in Boston for a fun trip with friends. Went to a great little restaurant. Ordered main entrees, a delicious feast of pork chop glazed in apple and plum sauce with a mirage of colourful veggies and mushrooms. I cut into the pork had a bite...heaven....went in for another bite and bit into a piece of plastic! I didn't know what to think at first, I very politely pulled the piece out of my mouth and set on the plate. Mortified and disgusted I told the waiter who was very opologetic....it looked like a piece of plastic from a container lid you tab pull off....glad I didn't choke! Yikes. They didn't charge me for my meal and brought out desserts on the house.....I guess this kinda stuff happends...freaked me out that's for sure.
Mar 18, 2017 @ 09:28 am


My husband cringes at me when I find something wrong with my restaurant food. If its going to happen its going to happen to me. from hair in my food or them forgetting to put wontons in my soup it happens to me..Never my hubby. last time we were out the waitress cut herself and I had blood on my plate... How do you stomach going back to a place when that happens.. I know it does happen but do you go back?
Mar 18, 2017 @ 11:42 am


Great (awful) stories. @R3Bean - same here. If something weird in life is gonna happen it will happen to me!
Mar 19, 2017 @ 07:01 pm


Although it's not along the same lines as the stories above, I've had some bad experiences with restaurants regarding my allergies. I have some very specific and severe allergies and always ensure the server and the cooking staff are aware when I make my order. In most cases the restaurants are more than accommodating and I don't have any issues.

However, one time at a local (and very expensive) restaurant I was ensured by the server and the head chef that my order was completely free of my allergies and would even be prepped in specific area to prevent contamination. After only two bites my lips swelled up like I had botox, turned blue, and my throat started to close! As is turns out, they only checked my main dish for my allergens, and not my appetizer! Thankfully there was a lovely doctor dining at the table next to us and was able to assist me. Needless to say, I haven't returned to that restaurant!
Mar 20, 2017 @ 08:54 am


My mom had a bolt in her salad at Pizza Hut. When they approached the manager they were told someone had wiped the top of the shelves and it must have fallen in.
Mar 20, 2017 @ 01:59 pm

Leave A Reply