Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge Reviews

An edgeless, non-disposable, high-definition cosmetic sponge applicator. The unique shape and exclusive material ensures impeccable, streak-free application with minimum product waste. Use it with primers, foundations, powders, cream blushes, and any other complexion product.

3.2/5

January 14, 2014

I have tried many different techniques to blend my facial makeup, and nothing really worked to my satisfaction. One day, one of my girl friends told me about the beauty blender so I gave it a shot. It does a better job than the other methods I had been trying, goes on smooth and quite easy to blend.

January 08, 2014

I have tried everything in the books when it comes to applying foundation - my fingers, brushes, sponges, etc. Eventually I decided to invest in the Beauty Blender and I am so happy that I did. It runs for approx. $26, which seems like a lot for a sponge, but when you consider how much you'd normally spend on a brush or disposable sponges it really isn't all that bad. It really does apply your foundation flawlessly. All you have to do is wet the sponge, squeeze out the excess water, and then dab the foundation on your face with the sponge. I have been using this product for about 6months now and am absolutely in love!

Just a tip for anyone who is interested in purchasing the Beauty Blender or even those who already own it - I recommend skipping out on the cleanser that is sold for it. I did buy it and it cleaned the sponge very well, but I found that using unscented Dove soap (bar or liquid) works just as well, and at a fraction of the cost.

August 22, 2013

Best makeup sponge out there. This will give you a beautiful flawless airbrush effect if used correctly. To wash this I recommend the makeup wash that goes with the beauty blender. It doesn't absorb all the product like what most sponges would do. It comes in a couple colors. Pink, black, and white. The packaging is very cute and you can actually reuse the packaging by using it as a stand to dry the beauty blender. Like most gurus I highly recommend this product. Its worth the money and hype

September 19, 2012

I love the beauty blender. You just wet it and squeeze out the excess water and then apply your foundation. It leaves your face with a glow finish. It gets into all of the spaces that it needs to on my face. It makes my foundation blend and look fantastic!

June 30, 2012

i'm sure everybody's heard of this sponge -- it's constantly raved about all over the internet. i originally wasn't a believer, but then i decided to try it for myself and see what the hype was all about. well, now i know. this sponge is foundation magic! you run it under water until it expands (doubles in size) and ring it out so that it is still damp. you use it by gently "pouncing" it against your skin. the shape makes it capable of getting into all the contours of your face. it can be used for liquids, creams, and even powders. the finish is flawless -- you can sheer out heavier foundations (like revlon colorstay) or you can build up thinner ones. i'll link a video for you guys:
    ** i first purchased the ulta and sonia kashuk dupes, which are nothing compared to the actual beauty blender. however, i saw a video from a youtube guru use an online sponge that she says is just like the beauty blender. from what i can tell in her video, the sponge has the same feel and "squish" as the beauty blender for less than half the price, but i've never tried it to know personally. you might be interested in checking that out before splurging on the beauty blender. **
    here's that video:

love this sponge! x

March 17, 2012

$20 for a sponge is expensive. It is suppose to give you an air brush effect and suppose to make your foundation last longer. I am not sure if it is worth $20 I heard the Target version is $10 and it is just as good.

November 17, 2011

The Beauty Blender is MORE than just a sponge. It has the ability to replace your foundation brushes (I know they've replaced mine)
    The Beauty Blender is meant to be used wet. It will sheer out your foundation but still provide you with great coverage!
    I use the fat end to stipple my foundation & the tapered end to cover blemishes, around my lips and in the inner corner of my eyes.

August 25, 2011

I bought this off ebeauty.ca because for the looooongest time I keep reading about this makeup sponge in magazines and stuff - Kim Kardashian apparently uses it and we all know how much she cakes on the makeup - and it was free shipping anyway (plus the brand's website is more expensive - 26 bucks). I used the sponge to apply my liquid foundation and it worked pretty well. It's WAY better than using those dingy sponge applicators that you buy in bulk packages at Shoppers, because those are too small, the makeup always gets on my hands, and you have to throw them out after a couple uses anyway.

Anyway, I like that it's latex-free, and it doesn't smell or anything like that. I also tried it with my MAC Studio Fix powder foundation and it worked pretty good too. I love that I can use it for either wet or dry foundation. You can wash it, but I'm worried that after a couple months it might not be as durable anymore. So here's hoping it doesn't fall apart! Doesn't seem like it will, but I paid good money for it so fingers are crossed. :)