Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks

May 26, 2020

Becel à base de plante salé

Produit qui ressemble beaucoup au beurre, mais qui goûte différent et surtout que la texture est comme la margarine, donc très mou si le produit n'est pas dans le frigo.

May 26, 2020
    Illinois, United States

Plant Based Becel Bricks

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the plant based Becel bricks. The brick itself makes it so much easier for baking, but what I was so pleased with was the soft texture compared to butter. It is easily spreadable on toast or fresh bread and really has a similar flavour to Becel margarine. I would prefer a more buttery flavour, but the flavour is good nonetheless. I would purchase this product again.

May 25, 2020

That extra kick !

Bercel butter is easily accessible for an affordable price. It is easy to use to add a little extra kick to our daily familt lunch and supper meals. Greatly
    appreciated by the whole family. We would definitely buy again and recommend to our friends

May 25, 2020

Plant based butter

I recently tried the becel plant based butter. Our family wanted to try something a little better for the environment as well as our hearts. I didn’t notice too much of a difference in taste, however it was a lot smoother in texture to be spreadable. I think for the amount you get the quality and price reflect the value. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for substitutes, or trying to cut down on animal byproducts.

May 23, 2020

Surprisingly good!

I eat regular butter because of my kids, they love butter in EVERYTHING! So when I had the chance to try this, I was happy that I would have a lower calorie option. And the taste is great! I would definitely buy this again just for myself!

May 22, 2020

Just like Butter!

Usually I buy butter for the health benefits, but I do keep margarine on hand as well. I thought I'd give these bricks a try because, well, I got them for free! My first use for them (and only, so far) was for chicken wing sauce. It uses a whole stick of butter usually, so I swapped it for the Becel margarine sticks. I literally couldn't tell the difference! It looks like butter, smells like butter, and tastes like butter. Actually, it melted better than butter, which is a major pro! It's not unreasonably priced either. I'm excited to try it in popcorn and for baking! I would buy it again!

May 21, 2020

Tastes like real butter

Loved it. It tasted like real butter. I do still like my real butter but I will definitely make space for this as well. As it is less calories it’s a good alternative.

May 21, 2020

Plant Based Brick excellent for baking and cooking.

I am glad I was fortunate enough to test Becel's Plant Based Brick (Salted). I was very impressed with it's performance during baking and cooking. I replaced the butter in a 1:1 ratio to bake oatmeal lace cookies. I really couldn't tell the difference. The cookies were crispy and tasty overall. Since the Becel brick is salted, I omitted salt from my recipe. I also used the Brick to fry an egg. Besides the different odour when melted (it smells like vegetable oil), it cooked my egg exactly the same way it would when using butter. I really like the fact that the Becel Bricks are packaged well, and there is no softening needed for a recipe. I can use it right away from the fridge, unlike butter. In addition, it has no preservatives, and less saturated fat than butter. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to avoid dairy, or who prefers to used plant-based products. You will not be able to tell the difference in baking and cooking.

May 20, 2020

I enjoyed this product

I wasn’t sure about this product at first. But once I used it,I really loved it! I have used it in baking and also when making popcorn for that buttery flavour. I would recommend this product and definitely would buy it again! Love this becel product.

3.2/5

May 19, 2020

Plant based option

Thanks family rated for the chance to review this product for free! I found it a bit pricey but I’m glad there are increasing options for people looking for more plant based foods. The look and texture were pretty comparable to butter and my family liked the cookies we baked using it. I’m not a true convert as I prefer products close to their natural state and with less ingredients but I will let all my vegan and vegetarian friends know to look for this product!