Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

tastes just like butter

My family is starting to transition to eat more plant based food. I bake and cook with brick butter a lot, and was happy to see there is this plant based alternative. I used this to make pound cake, and the results were exactly the same as a normal butter pound cake! I recommend if you're trying to eat more plant based. Its also a more affordable option compared to butter.

New Brunswick, Canada

Love the Taste and Texture

I tried the Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Brick. I love the texture and the taste. When using Bevel instead of butter it works just as well in recipes. I will definitely purchase again.

3.2/5

New Brunswick, Canada

Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks - good

Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks is a good product. I like how smooth it was, and how it was easier to work with than butter. I also liked how the unsalted version gave me the same goodness feeling. The only thing I would like to see different, is where it is located in the grocery store (as it was not displayed very well and hard to find) and for the price to be much lower.

Tastes great!

I received the New Becel Plant-based Unsalted 'Butter' from @familyrated & @chickadvisor in exchange for my honest review.

I had never tried plant-based 'butter' before and was pleasantly surprised that it tasted like regular butter! Delicious! It is very easy to spread and tasted great on my grilled cheese sandwich. The consistency is like regular butter but a bit softer.

I also used it in my meals that require butter and my family didn't notice the difference! Great healthy alternative to butter. I prefer unsalted, that way I control the amount of salt. Yes I will be buying this in the future for my family. Definitely recommend giving it a try!

Saskatchewan, Canada

Baking and Toast Tests Passed with flying colours!

Thanks to FamilyRated& Becel I got to try the Becel Plant Based Brick, Unsalted! I usually buy butter (both salted and unsalted) but haven’t tried this yet, which is kind of surprising because I do cook a lot of vegan dishes. Thank you FamilyRated & Becel!! Now, I got it free but I’ll always be honest!
    I left it on the counter overnight knowing I was going to bake with it in the morning. However, in the morning it was TOO SOFT it was unmanageable. I thought maybe I missed a notice that it has to be stored in the fridge, but it doesn’t say that! It should definitely live in the fridge, the foil is just too messy to be on a shelf.
    The wrapper says it is 70% vegetable oil and 30% canola oil, but the two first ingredients are two types of palm oil. I know there is some controversy with palm oil, but they do say they believe in sustainable palm oil. Whatever that means.

The first test, Banana Bread. I bake the best banana bread recipe on earth from the Magnolia Table Cookbook Vol 1. I didn’t know it was possible, but the Becel made my already super moist and delicious Banana bread MORE moist! And it didn’t crumble like baking with coconut oil does. Baking Test: PASSED!

The final test, how can you really taste butter? On avocado toast! If I didn’t rub that Becel on the toast myself I wouldn’t know it wasn’t butter. Does that make sense? The Mr. agrees we can’t tell the difference, it is absolutely buttery. And I used it straight from the fridge – and it melted quickly and perfectly. (You should just store it in the fridge!) Toast Test: PASSED!

I’ll buy this again, I really want to try it in buttercream frosting, but alas I need to wait for some reason to make cake again. I am very dairy sensitive and the amount of butter in buttercream makes me sick. Every time. It is a sad thing to admit. But maybe this Becel can save buttercream for me! 🙂

Thanks again FamilyRated& Becel this was a tasty product to review!

Même job que le beurre

J’ai bien aimé la texture un peu plus crémeuse et moins dure que le beurre. Le goût est par contre différent et ce rapproche plus à celui de la margarine qu’à celui du beurre. Mes galettes avait la même texture que celles faites avec du beurre, juste le goût qui change un peu mais ce n’était pas mauvais! Je le recommande!

Un bon compromis

Si vous ne pouvez pas manger de beurre et ça vous manque, c'est une solution fantastique.
    Vous pouvez même le garder au réfrigérateur, car il ne devient pas dure comme du beurre pour étendre sur votre pain mais reste bcp plus dure que de la margarine en pot. Le goût est très bon même le sans sel, mais n'est pas comparable au beurre. Si vous avez besoin de beurre froid dans une recette et que vous prenez le beurre becel, congelez le un peu avant de l'utiliser. La texture est bien crémeuse et ça donne un bon goût au recette. Alors une belle alternative.

Oui et non

D’abord, je suis séduite par le fait d'avoir un produit ne contenant pas de lait. Parfait, mon conjoint doit réduire les produits laitier. Ensuite, je me dis, wow, enfin du beurre qui est utilisable au frigidaire. Contrairement au beurre normal, il est beaucoup moins dur, ce qui permet d'en prendre sans se battre. Alors, oui, je suis séduite. Jusqu'a temps que je lise les ingrédients. Le beurre doit-il absolument être un produit mauvais pour la santé?? 55% d'huile de palme. Wow. On penserais que vu que c'est à basse de plantes que c'est plus santé, mais pourquoi utiliser en majorité un ingrédient néfaste pour la santé? voir un ingrédient controversé! Déception. J’achèterais sans hésiter si on y mettais des ingrédients qui ont du sens. Parce que le gout est bon, la texture parfaite.

My new "go-to" butter

This butter is truly great, flavor is excellent. The brick format of this butter makes it very quick and convenient. I always go with unsalted butter.

Je recommande

Ce produit est délicieux, crémeux et facile à utiliser. La texture et le goût sont semblableS à la margarine normale. Le format est parfait pour l’utilisation journalière.