Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

May 31, 2020

This butter surprised me a lot!

I was skeptical at first because I never tried before a dairy-free butter. I received this for free through chick advisor to share my experience and I love butter and I also love to cook and bake using it, when I was told that there was this butter just made with plant-based oils and no dairy I never thought could be a good taste or that it would be the same cooking or even baking but... you will never tell the difference, taste almost exactly the same, texture and color doesn't change either, I will definitely buy this product again.

I have some family members that are lactose intolerant so with this, I can have the same result without using any dairy, I made a cake and the result was wonderful, I will just not recommend this for some types of cookies because the texture might not be the same, all depending what you are baking.

For the price you don't have to worry the difference is not big it is not crazy expensive. I will definitely recommend this to my friends and family.

J'adore

J'ai eu la chance d'essayer le produit gratuitement. J'ai adorée le produit, ça goûte comme le beurre, j'ai aimée la texture car il n'est pas dur comme du beurre alors facile à utiliser sur les rôties le matin. Très bon aussi pour le cuisson et j'aime que ça soit emballé en 4 bâtonnets, pas besoin d'ouvrir la brique au complet. Certain que je vais en racheter. #gotitfree #FamilyRated

Bon équivalent

J'ai pu essayer le nouveau beurre à base de plantes de la marque Becel grave à une collaboration avec Family rated. Jai trouvé ce produit comme un excellent équivalent au beurre dit "normal". Je l'ai utilisé pour faire mes biscuits avoine et chocolat préférés et ils goûtaient aussi bon! Merci

Un super produit

J’ai eu le produit gratuitement en échange de mon opinion sincère. Je cuisine beaucoup et utilise du beurre fréquemment. J’ai donc remplacé complètement mon beurre dans mes recettes par la margarine Becel sans sel à base de plantes en brique. J’ai adoré la facilité d’utilisation, le goût riche et sans arrière goût. J’ai testé tout le produit sans en informer ma famille qui n’a vu aucune différence dans le goût ni la texture de mes recettes. Je trouve génial une alternative à base de plantes au beurre. Je suis très satisfaite de mon essai du produit et je rachèterai assurément. #gotitfree

Great !

This new butter is healthier,Vegan and unsalted and honestly is awesome. I usually buy the becel Oil plant base Butter and it is even better then that ! I am super excited to say it’s my new favourite butter ! Highly recommend! #gotitfree

May 31, 2020

A product that surprised me!

I picked up this product as something to try, especially for my husband who cannot tolerate any dairy product. I used 2 TBSP of the unsalted Becel Plant Based Bricks to caramelize some wild leeks and I had to re-read to package to ensure it was dairy-free as when it hit the pan, it sure smelled and looked like butter! I love the easy to use measurements on the sticks, and the convenient stick sizes (typically as butter substitutes we use margarine). Really great product that I can't wait to use for all my baking recipes!

Very happy!

I am not a stranger to Becel, but this was the first time I tried #BecelPlantBasedBricks or any brick-type butter alternative. My normal usage for butter is in baking and cooking, so I made my family's favorite recipe to see what if any differences existed: chocolate chip cookies.

I was very pleasantly surprised. Overall I found that the Plant-Based Brick performed very well. It was much easier to bring to a softened state, and extremely easier to beat into sugar by hand. When baking, I only noticed a slight tendency for the cookies to spread a bit more, and I did not need to adjust the temperature or baking time at all. The cookies came out just right. There was a very slight taste difference. I felt the cookies may taste a little saltier (even though I used the unsalted version), the rest of the family didn't really agree but couldn't agree on what the difference might be. Cookies have been consumed just as fast as with the original recipe though!

I will definitely use Plant-Based Bricks again, and recommend them! #ButterLoversLoveIt and I agree!

I #gotitfree as part of a #FamilyRatedClub campaign, but my opinions are my own.

Good Butter Substitute

I received this for free as part of the Family Rated Product Review Club. As others have said, it was easy to find in a grocery store and is located near butter & margarine on the store shelf. Although butter can be delicious, I find myself pursuing a more plant-based diet for health and environmental reasons these days. I have baked and cooked with both butter and with other plant-based butter alternatives like Earth Balance and vegan Becel.

Price-wise, good news! It seems to be cost a bit less than brand name butter. I found the packaging attractive, and liked the measurements on the package. When used for frying, ingredients like eggs and vegetables did not stick to the pan. And it’s healthier too – 25% less saturated fat than butter.

The plant-based brick creamed nicely with sugar when I made family-fave chocolate chip cookies. Like butter, it’s solid when refrigerated and softens nicely when not. Family consensus: they love the cookies!

May 30, 2020

J’ai tout aimé de ce produit

J’ai reçu ce produit pour tester gratuitement de ChickAdvisor
    #gotitforfree

J’ai littéralement tout aimé de ce produit. J’achète de la margarine Becel d’habitude, mais en contenant de plastique. Ce format est plus facilement disposable dans mon réfrigérateur et l’emballage est de loin meilleur pour l’environnement.

Ce produit est super pratique pour faire la cuisson de gâteau ou biscuit. C’est un format parfait. La texture est aussi parfaite.

Je compte bien en racheter!

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Good for baking and other uses

I do a lot of baking. I'm doing even more lately. I got it for free from Family Rated but I did notice the listed price when I picked it up, it was what I would have expected. It's very easy to use, just cut off the desired amount. I liked the taste, I doesn't taste like butter but it's not supposed to. It's a vegan and gluten free product. Dairy free. The unsalted is especially good for baking or for sodium reduced diets.