Becel Unsalted Plant-Based Bricks Reviews

Becel is proud to introduce our new Becel Plant-Based Bricks – a plant-based alternative made for butter lovers.  From flaky pastry to rich curries and browned “butter,” new Becel Plant-Based Bricks taste, cook and bake just like dairy butter. Becel Plant-Based Bricks are available in both Salted and Unsalted varieties with 25% less saturated fat than dairy butter.

You might also like: Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks

May 29, 2020

Very Easy to use and substitute in recipes!

Updated On: May 29, 2020

One of the things that I loved about this product was the introduction of the block form. This made it really easy for me to measure out how much margarine I was going to use. You can substitute margarine 1:1 for butter. I used it for a cookie recipe, and I did see a difference in the texture, but it was also nice to not have to wait for butter to soften up. I'd love to try the salted version in baking as well to mimic the salty and nuttiness of butter. This is a great option for someone who need a plant-based version. I received this product from Becel and FamilyRated for testing purposes.

May 29, 2020

Fantastic dairy butter alternative!

I received a coupon for a free Becel plant-based butter courtesy of FamilyRated.

I'm allergic to dairy and I've been happily using Becel's spreadable vegan butter for years and I love it as it's the closest vegan product to real butter's taste that I've found.

This newer brick product is just as good and also more versatile, as it can be used in its hardened form for baking or left out for a few minutes to become softer for other purposes such as spreading on bread.

I like that it comes in both salted and unsalted varieties as well, as unsalted specifically allows you to control the amount of salt to add, if at all needed, and works great for baking!

May 29, 2020

Awesome butter, must try it!!!

New dairy free, plant based, just like butter, but 25% less saturated. Can use it for all the things you use butter for, like bake, sizzle, saute, brown, toast

Becel Unsalted

I received a voucher to redeem the Becel plant based butter unsalted courtesy of FamilyRated #gotitfree.

I have been slowly migrating towards a more plant based diet and this butter was amazing. It can be directly taken out of the fridge and leave it on the counter for a few minutes and it is spreadable. The consistency is so smooth and taste just like your regular butter.

I love that I can just take this out of the fridge and able to use it after a few minutes whenever recipes ask for room temp soften butter. It is not brick hard and can easily be spread and soften after only a few minutes.

I love this butter and would totally recommend it and would become one of my staples.

May 29, 2020

Great taste and easy to use!

I was selected by Family Rated to try the new Becel unsalted plant-based bricks for free in exchange for my honest review.

I was excited when the coupon arrived and it was very easy to find the product in the store, so it was a great start! I used it right away to cook some mini potatoes and they were delicious! It is very easy to cut and melts fast but didn't burn quickly so I didn't need to keep adding more. The taste was delicious and very butter-like. I actually made the same potatoes a few days later with vegetable oil and received comments it tasted different and not as delicious as the first time, so that says a lot!

Vegetable oil definitely can't compare to the plant-based brick because it really is closer to butter in taste and texture. Definitely worth trying, and it's awesome for baking, no need to wait for butter to be room temperature to be soft, just substitute this 1:1 in the recipe.

#GotItFree #BecelPlantBasedBricks #ButterLoversLoveIt

Great Product

I always baked with butter. When I got the chance to try baking with Becel Plant Based Brick, I totally enjoyed the opportunity. The texture of the product is very much like butter and the taste is the same. I made a loaf of banana bread and it came out amazing. I cannot tell it was not baked with butter! I will definitely buy this again.

Pleasant surprise

This was my first time trying plant based butter, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Surprisingly, I couldn't tell much of a difference in texture from my regular butter! It was nice and creamy, with a very pleasant aroma. Would definitely recommend.

Super Convenient!

I didn't know the package holds 4 sticks of plant-based margarine, 1/2 cup each. There are also measurements (1Tbsp, etc.) on the wrappers, so that was a pleasant surprise and super convenient to use for baking and recipes! The unsalted version lets me choose how much salt I want in my foods. Tonight I used it to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. The texture when beating with the brown sugar is just like butter (without having to soften the sticks)! The cookies turned out really yummy (recipe from becel.ca). I also like how it can replace butter 1:1, but is a healthier alternative with less saturated fat.

Updated On: May 29, 2020

I received this product free to review. #gotitfree #becelplantbasedbricks #familyratedclub #familyrated

May 28, 2020

Je n'y ai vue que du feu

j'ai testé ce "beurre " et je fus bluffé le gout est excellent autant sur une rôti que pour faire cuire de la nourriture c'est une très belle option végétalienne pour faire changement de l'huile. Par contre je trouvais que le produit contenait beaucoup plus d'ingrédients que du simple beurre.

May 28, 2020

Fonctionne bien dans les desserts

J'ai eu la chance d'essayer la brique de Becel non-salé et j'ai été agréablement surprise. Il y a certains indicateurs de mesure sur le papier d'emballage, ce qui rend la tâche facile lorsque vient le temps de couper la bonne quantité. J'ai cuisiner deux desserts différents avec le becel non-salé et c'était délicieux. Comparativement au beurre, je n'ai pas remarqué de différence au niveau du goût. Un peu dispendieux toutefois...