Prestige Item
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara Reviews

Benefit they're real! Mascara is a jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. This exclusive brush is specifically designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing glossy formula-revealing lashes you never knew you had. Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length & volume beyond belief. Visit benefitscosmetics.com for more information.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2016

July 08, 2016

I like that this mascara doesn't clump and keeps my lashes separated. I like the lengthening of this mascara but would like more volume. The packaging is nice as well.

July 07, 2016

This is, in my opinion, the second best mascara I have ever used (and I have tested a ton). Yes, it is on the expensive side, but if you're looking for a better option than your classic drug store go tos, I would definitely recommend this.

I found the formula to not be overly thick. In spite of that, it created long, thick, dark lashes with little to no clumping. In fact, this mascara creates the least clumping of all that I have tried.

I love benefit products and will definitely purchase this product again.

3.2/5

July 07, 2016

I love Benefit even though the products are a little bit pricier than average, but this Mascara just didn't do it for me.
    It did not do anything "special" or "amazing", I felt the overall quality of the product to be average. The formulation was a little thicker though, it seemed to grip and pull my lashes into shape a little easier than other mascaras and it lasts. I didn't get the volume or thickness I like to get from my mascaras and I couldn't apply too many coats without it beginning to clump and flake. It does give you a "natural" looking lash, which might be what they were going for.. I just prefer thick and dramatic lashes without clumps and flakes.
    Overall, this product didn't offer anything that you can't achieve by using a cheaper drugstore alternative - not worth the money.

July 03, 2016

I don't mind using this, the only problem is that I think a cheaper alternative can do the same job and you'd save money. Benefit does have great products, so definitely check out their foundations etc. But as for Mascara, I didn't find any noticeable difference in the application or look.

July 02, 2016

One of my girlfriends recommended this mascara to me and she has great lashes. I wasn't disappointed. This stuff does what it's supposed to do. The consistency of the product stays great over time and the brush seems to really separate my lashes well (no clumps for me, thanks). Will definitely be buying again!

July 01, 2016

Absolutely one of my favourite mascaras. Great length and volume with rich colour. No flaking. Totally worth the money ! Love the blue shade too! Wish they would make it in purple.

July 01, 2016

They're Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara was exactly the product I needed to find after a year of wearing fake eyelashes! After I lost a bunch of my natural lashes, a friend recommended this mascara to me. My confidence doubled the instant I applied it for the first time - I had what looked like natural lashes again. I love this product. The only negative is that it dries out quickly.

June 29, 2016

Its one of the best mascara I have buy, It makes my lashes voluminous like I love.
    my eyelashes are separate and not lumpy . but i think the price is too high.

June 29, 2016

I like this mascara, got a few tubes as perk/sample, ended up picking up a full size because i loved using it just after I curled my lashes. For me, it acted like a extra hold hairspray for my lashes. My lashes don't hold a curl well, not matter how long I hold the curler, pump the curler, even tried heating the metal band of the curler. My lashes always ended up falling. Just like the hair on my head does everything in its power to drop a curl, lest my stylist use a whole can of extra firm hairspray on my entire head.

So, I found this mascara was good at holding a curl. I used it as a base. Then layers other mascaras that did a better job of lengthening and thickening my lashes. I did like how They're Real separated every lash and coated it in mascara (the wand is rubber with pointy bristles to really separate and coat, love the applicator). Where as other mascaras tended to clump lashes together, resulting In a mess and giving me a look I wasn't really going for.

The formula is a little on the drier side than other formulas. Which helps with the curl, i think it also helps the mascara stay put all day. When I've worn this on its own, it hasn't run on me despite being a contact lens wearer that uses eye drops (central air can sometimes irritate my eyes & contacts; or while I'm testing new eyeliners). It's so good at staying in place that I believe Benefit came out with their own removed for their eyeliner and mascara. But i use Lancôme bi-facial makeup remover (half oil/liquid remover) and I don't have any trouble removing it at the end of the day. So, love the staying power & the dryer formula for curl and definition.

1.8/5

June 29, 2016

I really hate this mascara, I found it made my lashes look clumpy and spider like. The Formula is average at best and the brush just was a pain and really difficult to work with. I had to give this mascara away to friend because I hated it so much. I wish it had worked well on my lashes, but it was just a GIGANTIC disappointment.