4.1/5
Bio-Oil Reviews
#2 in Body Oil

Bio-Oil is the #1 selling scar and stretch mark product in Canada*:
*according to Bio-Oil

• Use for scars (acne or surgical, cuts or scraps) and stretch marks (due to weight loss/gain, growth spurts)
  • Also used for uneven skin tone (dark spots/sun damage), aging (aging spots) and dehydrated skin; as well as nail and cuticle care, hair care, and after sun and burn care

• A light 'dry oil' that is non greasy and rapidly absorbed
  • Contains a combination of vitamins (A and E) and natural plant oils (Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile, and Rosemary).
  • Contains Purcellin OilTM  which reduces the thickness of the formula and ensure ingredients go where most needed.

• Safe for pregnant women before, during, and after pregnancy for scars and stretch marks
  • Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
  • Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic

For more information visit www.bio-oil.com

April 25, 2012

Ever since I hit puberty, I have getting bad stretch marks on my thighs and my breasts. I'm not overweight and I didn't know what to do to get rid of them. I bought Bio-Oil and have been applying it every day for about 3 weeks. It has an oily feel to it, but my skin absorbs it fairly easily. I haven't noticed a drastic difference but it is recommanded to wait 3 months. I will continu to apply it. I'm satisfied with this product.

Updated On: May 25, 2012

I've had to recently stop using the Bio-Oil. Its been creating zits on the areas I've been applying it.

I'm quite disappointed that it didn't work as well as I would have hoped.

April 24, 2012

Presented as a Vitamin E oil, this is also mixed with other ingredients like soybean oil which means that the oil isn't as potent as it could be, it's a bit overpriced for such a little bottle. It doesn't even help with my stretch marks at all and I've used it religiously for months in addition to rubbing cocoa butter over my stretch marks. It's nice and moisturizing but leaves a sticky feeling on your skin the day after so I'll give it some points for its moisture effects.

April 22, 2012

When I first heard of this product I ran out and bought one for each of my sisters and myself. It is a must have for any woman. Bio-oil saved my hips and breasts from the worst streatch marks every. My sister was so thankful when it helped her acne scars. Any little red marks purple scars try this it works.

2.3/5

April 11, 2012

I purchased a bottle after hearing so many good things about it. I have some acne scars on my face that won't fade no matter what I try. So, I gave Bio Oil a shot. I applied it religiously for about 2 months and didn't notice anything. I was pretty disappointed.

I recently heard that you can put Bio Oil on your eyebrows to help stimulate growth. I have started applying it nightly so hopefully I'll be able to finish the bottle finally!

Unless it was at a very good price and I did notice extra growth on my brows, I do not think I will purchase Bio Oil again.

1.3/5

April 10, 2012

I used it while pregnant to prevent stretch mark... twice a day but it didn't work at all!! And the oily feelings that leave bio oil on the skin... I really don't like this product!

February 05, 2012

I used this while pregnant.

I used it twice a day starting from about 13 weeks all the way till birth, I then still used it after birth(few times a week). I found it helped prevent stretch marks and lighten already there stretch marks. It took awhile for it to soak into my skin, which was a pain but it left my skin soft, had a slight scent which I didn't mind. I found it worked better than palmer's cocoa butter, which I found over greasy and did nothing but irritated my skin and cause it to itch (which when your pregnant, you already itch enough from dry skin).

January 07, 2012

I saw this at Walmart for $8 so I thought sure why not. I have tried to use it during my post-parturm - on my tummy but I didnt see any effect. Then a few months later I had very dry skin patch on my cheeks. After using this for about a week it went away. Great product but I afraid to use it too often because I am worry about breaking out.

1.7/5

November 29, 2011

I found this to be very greasy making it hard to apply and it did not get rid of the stretch marks around my breasts.

November 24, 2011

I used this all throughout my first pregnancy, twice a day, religiously, and did not get any stretch marks so I in turn recommend this product to everyone I know. I did gain an obscene amount of weight too so I feel that this oil did its job. The price tag is high but worth it if it helps, it's worth every penny.

November 08, 2011

Love this product!! I tried it after working out a lot and still being unhappy with my stomach (due to stretch marks)...I definitely noticed a difference :)