3.9/5
#283 in Hair Removal

Good - 0

January 12, 2018

Wow what a difference

Ok I just got this for Christmas and its a love hate relationship with this thing haha. I first tried it on dry skin, so I didnt have a bath before, I found it hurt like waxing. Eventually your skin gets use to it. I did one leg like that then I stopped. I decided to have a bath to soak my skin and open my pores, I did that and got out dried my skin and used the Epilator. Man did that ever make a difference... don't get me wrong it still hurt but not as bad.

So I recommend soaking your skin first then dry it and use the epilator right away. Also you do have to exfoliate otherwise you will get ingrown hairs.

Updated On: January 12, 2018

I recommend watching youtube videos on how to do this, because it really helped with me.

Remember it will hurt the first few times because its pretty much a bunch of tweezers pulling out your hair. After a while it stops hurting and the root of your hair becomes smaller.

1.3/5

September 18, 2017

It feels like you are cutting yourself.

I was using the epilator in the shower to remove hair on my legs. It felt like it was cutting my skin, so i stopped and looked down, but it had not. Which was good that it did not cut, but when i felt my leg it had gotten almost no hair so it was absolutely useless and painful.

June 29, 2015

I owned one of these back in the 1990's and these products have sure come a LONG way!! I was expecting to be tortured again as I felt each hair being pulled out. That did not happen. I love the light on it as it helps my middle aged eyes see any hairs that I might have missed. It is just a bit uncomfortable (to be expected as it is ripping your hair out at the root) but definitely not painful at all. I have not shaved my legs since buying this a few months back and after using this weekly for a few months my legs are much, much smoother. It can be used wet/dry but I have not tried it the shower yet. I also have not tried the attachments for face and underarms yet. One note - the slow setting on this is actually pretty fast and the fast setting is turbo mode!

May 01, 2012

I had to replace my old epilator due to an unfortunate and unexpected trip down the hardwood stairs. She didn't quite work the same after that. But I replaced her with the Braun Silk Epil 7 Expressive Pro and I love it!

Best feature? CORDLESS!! Next best feature? Can be used in the SHOWER!! The list goes on and on. It still removes most of the hair on my legs and underarms (Yes, it hurts, but it's worth the few minutes of pain) very very well. All that is left are a few short, hard-to-see hairs on my legs and they stay like that forever!!! Ok, well, not forever, but for a lot longer than shaving!

Did I mention it's CORDLESS?? So awesome! I am planning to take it with me to Spain fully charged so I can use it while I'm there and not have to worry about international voltage converters.

It also has a cool pivoting head to move over knees and curves. It has a shaver attachment and a bunch of caps for different areas. Overall GREAT improvement over my old epilator! Thumbs way up!