Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm with Vitamin E & Peppermint Reviews

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm is Burt's most popular product. Soothe and relieve chapped or sore lips, or use it on healthy lips. Protective ingredients such as emolliant lanolin and almond oil are soothing and provide a little peppermint tingle.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2021 ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020
    1.8/5

January 05, 2012

I had tried the lip balm and it really dried my lips. I had to keep reapplying it but it didn't do anything. It is too bad since I really wanted to like it.

1.8/5

October 05, 2010

I thought I'd love this product. And it seemed to work....but then every time I used it, it seemed my lips were more chapped that before. So, I chucked it. No thanks, not for me.

June 04, 2010

I wish I had the positive experiences that other people have had with this product. It does feel great on my lips, and the minty/tingly sensation is really nice. However... after using it for three days, I found that it had given me what appears to be a huge zit ON my lip! It's not a cold sore... not a bump... it's half on the skin of my lips and half just below them. It's painful, but luckily it's not noticeable... I just can't use this stuff.

1.5/5

April 28, 2010

This product tends to just "sit" on my lips instead of absorbing into them and getting rid of the chap. Since the product is SO thick when I go to wipe it off my chapped skin will come off with it (which is a very MESSY plus). This is extremely expensive for a drugstore item and it sucks. What is all the hype about? I even tried Burt's with the shimmer and light tint of color and it still was just as terrible. Glad I only receive them as gifts!

1.5/5

February 07, 2010

I dont get the hype over this lip balm. It doesnt really mosturize my lips that well infact it makes them worse as I constantly reapply. Boo-urns to burts bees lip balm.

December 16, 2008

I think this product is overrated.

I really cannot tolerate the smell and its heavy texture. I can only wear it (if ever) during night time and it could never be light enough to facilitate my lipstick application. I could see how this found be an optimal product for, say, someone who often snowboards.

I would not recommend this for an everyday lip balm.

1.2/5

August 12, 2008

Over-priced and does not work nearly as well as other brands.
    Was very disappointed because it was recommended by a friend.

August 05, 2008

Was expecting a lot more from Burt's Bee. For about half the price I could've gotten a Chapstick which does a better job.

1.3/5

June 04, 2008

I had a really bad reaction to this lip balm. My lips swelled up and bled. When I contacted the company, they claimed it must have been caused by something else, but that was the only thing I had used on my lips. The store where I purchased it reluctantly gave me my money back. Don't try it if you have dry, sensitive lips.

1.7/5

May 03, 2008

Oh my. I bought burt's bees thinking it would be fabulous and natural and soothing to my lips. I was wrong. I did get the scrumptuous pomegranet flavour, but every time i applied the lip balm my lips would peel like crazy! Do you know those moments when you need lip balm desperately and your lips are so dry and it's driving you nuts? Well i often have those moments, and the worst thing to discover during one of these crisis is that the only lip balm you have in your purse is burt's bees. i dreaded putting it on soo much that i just tossed it and went for blistex instead, a much better choice.