Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Reviews

February 15, 2010

I ADORE this product. I used my friend's about 4 years ago and I've been hooked. It moisturizes without making me lips feel weighed down with products. I usually stayed away from lip balms because of this reason. I cannot leave the house without these product - it's definitely my holy grail lip balm - love love love!

November 10, 2009

Carmex is a classic-what else can you say. It is inexpensive and works well.

September 12, 2009

I have carmex tubes all over the place it's the best. It actually penetrates my lips not just sitting on top like the other waxy ones. Plus it's usually only $1. My lips are never dry!

1.7/5

August 15, 2009

I read good reviews of this product and was misled into buying it. this lip balm is quite possibly the worst i have ever tried. not only does it taste bad and tingles on the lips as if you've smeared on medication, but it's sooo greasy and disgusting. it's difficult to apply just the right amount and it was a hassle to get rid of the excess grease on my lips. i went right back and got burt's bees beeswax instead. beeswax is simply superior to any other chapstick out there. will never make the mistake of going with any other chapstick again.

May 23, 2009

Its inexpensive, it works as well as Kiehl's...which I love (but is way more expensive). Great base for lipstick. I usually put on a few coats when my lips are dry and in a few minutes I can just exfoliate the dead skin off lightly. Perfect for the price, classic. It wouldn't have stayed in business if it didn't do the job!

March 02, 2009

I will never ever leave home without carmex. I love everything about it. I even love the smell, which a lot of people hate. I was so pumped when I saw they were selling it in a click tube. I bought a cherry scented one that's just awesome. It's a little greasy for awhile, but its worth the protection for your lips.

February 24, 2009

Though I use it mainly during the winter months, I keep a thing of Carmex around during the summer as well. It works very well for chapped lips, and is also extremely cheap. I prefer the flavored ones, like cherry, but even the original flavor isn't too bad. It lasts a lot longer than some of the other lip balms I use, and is cheaper as well.

February 13, 2009

I bought the Carmex in cherry flavoured because I don't like the original flavour but the cherry flavour is great! The SPF is a huge bonus and the nice thing about Carmex is that it stays on and doesn't just seem to disappear like other lip balms

February 07, 2009

I bought this lip balm in the cherry flavour as I have heard that it can smell a little medicine-y if you buy the original. I also chose the cherry because it has SPF 15 which the original doesn’t (on the other hand, original says it provides relief of cold sores so it has its own benefits supposedly…)

I like it a lot. I had that frustrating dryness to my lips that no amount of exfoliating and obsessive moisturizing seems to fix (THANKS Canadian winters!) but Carmex really did the job. Only a few applications and my lips were nice and soft. And there is a touch of menthol in it, which I always love in soothing lip balms.

3.2/5

January 29, 2009

I've used this lip balm a couple times.
    I use Softlips Vanilla flavored lip balm now,
    but when I did use Carmex, it helped with my chapped lips best when I left it on at night.
    & when I woke up, my lips would be smoother.