4.1/5
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar Reviews

November 19, 2020

Zero waste option. Will purchase again

I decided to try this bar when I got tired of all the plastic required for skin care. I'm a fan of most cerave products and was not disappointed with this cleanser bar!

October 05, 2020

Works great and gentle for my sensitive skin

I have eczema on my t zone and have tried many different cleansers to help with it and they have only worked temporarily. I can wear makeup again with using this bar and the cerave cream.

August 31, 2020

Skin care

It’s my favourite skin care product
    You won’t be disappointed with this
    It’s good for normal and dry skin
    You can buy it at shoppers drug Mart for $8.99

3.2/5

June 19, 2020

It's okay.

This cleanser bar is effective at leaving your skin feeling fresh and clean. It gives you just the right amount of lather but not as much as some other soaps, which makes rinsing the product off very easy. Overall, it hasn't caused any redness but I did get breakouts after the first few times using it, which is weird because this product is meant for sensitive skin. I'm also not a fan of the way this cleanser bar smells. It's not unbearable but it does smell odd for a "soap". Luckily, it doesn't linger too long on my skin.
    During the first few uses, it did dry out my skin in certain areas, which, again, is odd because this is supposed to be hydrating. However, after continuous use, it seems like my skin has balanced out and have not experienced that since. Generally, I'd say this product is okay if you're looking for a mild cleanser, but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. It could do without the parabens, as well.

May 16, 2020

One of my fave bar cleansers

I love using this when I need to free up space in my liquids bag while traveling. The cleanser lathers nice and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I like that this doesn’t leave my skin feeling stripped or too tight.

August 16, 2019

Great soap - it cleanses, hydrates and moisturizes!

Bought this soap bar at Shoppers as I needed a new cleanser. This soap is frangrance-free, non-irritating and does not dry out your skin, which is exactly what I like. It is effective and safe to use as daily cleanser. This soap lasted me longer than my liquid foam cleanser that I usually use, say rough estimate 2-3 months longer. I do not use much by using a face cloth. It makes my skin feel soft and clear. I recommend if you have sensitive skin, it works great.

April 28, 2019
    Florida, United States

Hydrating without irritating!

I am allergic to soap and have been trying many different organic and fragrance-free soap brands with no luck until I discovered the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser Bar. It thoroughly cleans and hydrates without irritating my skin and I am not allergic to it. I love this cleansing bar!

March 10, 2019

very nice

I think this hydrating bar is great for very dry skin like mine, it's also excellent for those with sensitive skin as it's very gentle. However, if you have dry skin and you don't like foaming cleansers, then try something that's gel or cream.

December 23, 2018

This is my daily shower bar!

This product is bought over and over in my home. My husband has switched gears and let go of the old liquid body washes and he faithfully relys on this single bar of high quantity dermatologist recommended cleansing bar- from head to toe. This product is a permanent feature in our shower and is the only cleansing bar we need to give us the best clean possible!!!

August 21, 2018

Surprising for a bar!

This bar cleanser is powerful for its size! It has a lot of lather to it and the formula is so smooth, unlike other bars it leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated after toweling off. It is not great for a heavy duty cleanser to remove makeup, better for a refreshing cleans to your skin. It's a bit pricey, but it does lasts a while and lives up to its name for its hydrating qualities.