4.1/5
Prestige Item
clinique beyond perfecting foundation and concealer Reviews

September 27, 2017

Not the best for oily skin BUT ITS MY HOLY GRAIL

I got this foundation for about 30 bucks and it seemed reasonable looking at the brand and bottle size. The coverage is amazing and its also buildable and very easy to blend. After wearing for a few hours my oily skin starts acting up but if i set it earlier with baby powder its fine. A little bit of product goes a long way and keep that in mind unless you like cakey foundation. This is my holy grail everyday foundation because it can be great for a natural look or full face makeup.

3.2/5

September 06, 2017

Full coverage concealer!

The Clinique beyond perfecting foundation + concealer has a very thick and unnatural feel on the skin. I tried it in neutral but it didn't look right. It made my skin look orange. I think I would have needed a lighter color to better suit my complexion. I did receive this as a sample with purchase. Soon after applying it I removed it right away because I didn't like how it looked at all. It's not something I would buy on my own. I do believe this would be better suited for someone who needs full coverage. It is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free so it should not irritate the skin. I love Clinique products but this was unfortunately a miss for me.

August 11, 2017

It oxidizes...

I love the coverage! It is definately a med-high coverage. I can't complain. Expect, that the foundation oxidizes, making my pale fair skin into a tan orangey shade. Which does suck :P

June 21, 2017

Great foundation!

I've been using this foundation for 6 months now and I absolutely love it. The coverage is perfect, without becoming cakey like some other products. It still feels light and blends very well, and lasts all day long. Love the applicator tip, very practical.

May 10, 2017

This is one of the Clinique foundations that I love the most. The finish is full coverage and makes my skin look flawless. It is pretty rich formula wise but a little goes a long way. The best way to use this is by applying smaller amounts first and then adding more layers if necessary. It keeps my skin matte which I love. I would definitely recommend this foundation to anyone looking for matte/full coverage foundations.

April 17, 2017

Awesome foundation! Full coverage goes on very smooth. Suggest using with a blending sponge as it can be quite heavy if applied with a brush. Lasted for up to 12 hours for me with a primer and setting spray. I would say could be used for any skin type.

March 06, 2017

One of my holy grail foundations and I haven't even been using it for a full year! It truly is full-coverage and a little bit goes a long way. i find myself using less concealer (if any), when using this foundation. Since I'm naturally oily, I always set the makeup with a powder so I can't speak on behalf of it's lasting power when worn alone. My one qualm with this product is the application method: it comes in a glass bottle with a large doe-foot applicator. It provides for a sometime messy application as the wand picks up too much product which tends to get all over the neck of the bottle. I would much rather prefer a pump bottle instead!

2.3/5

January 25, 2017

1st have very sensitive skin, acne prone skin.

well guys i'm a little confused about this foundation...

if i use it alone its not my fave foundation, it transfers and .... i just don't like it that much, and its not really good as concealer for under eyes.

however when i mix it with my cover fx foundation (which i didn't like because it was too oily and too yellow) it became just wonderful ! i mean i got the perfect foundation for me, the right shade, the right undertone. haha, thats juste magic, i never knew that mixing 2 foundations would give me the foundation i wanted.

the other thing is the packaging is not the perfect one for a foundation, i mean you dip the brush thingy inside and then put it on your face and back to the bottle... so i only use it with a brush.

January 05, 2017

I bought this foundation after seeing it in a youtube video. I had a bit of sticker shock as it is $35.00 but, after using it for over a week, I will gladly pay $35.00 for it. It goes on easy and blends well with a beauty blender. In one step it takes care of every imperfection. If I need a little extra coverage under my eyes, I add some more as if it was concealer. Works great! It is weightless and I can wear it all day without it feeling greasy or heavy. It is a win win all around!

2.3/5

October 23, 2016

I really couldn't make this foundation work on its own as it ended up looking oily shortly after it had been applied which I was disappointed about, but mixing it with another foundation is another story! I add a little bit of this to some of my esteé Lauder double wear and it makes it just the right consistency to blend easily; I wouldn't purchase again since it becomes a little bit pricey