3.9/5
Prestige Item
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Reviews

Also known as the "moisture drink" of Clinique, The Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion moisturizes your skin to is full potential.
Clinique suggests to use as a "Step three" in your daily regime of skin care, or whenever your skin feels dry.

Sourced at main website.

April 10, 2019

Not great !

I have extremely combination skin with really dry cheeks and an oily t-zone. This moisturizer does nothing for my dry cheeks and I have to apply multiple times after the shower for my skin to feel not tight...even after just washing my face one application is barely enough

2.2/5

September 18, 2018
    Alabama, United States

Not the best for my skin type

I really wanted to love this product because I have sensitive skin and Clinique products are known for being gentle on the skin. Unfortunately, it just didn’t work for my skin type. I have oily skin in some areas on my face and it made me more greasy than I am. I also don’t like the smell it has when applying.

August 03, 2018

Good product, just not for me.

I got this product hoping it would work well with my combination skin. I found in the winter it works decently for me, since I live in Canada and have cold dry winters that dry out my face pretty badly.

However, in the summer months it seems to not help at all with the oily sections of my face. I also noticed that I would get breakouts after using it twice a day in the summer, I think because my skin is very sensitive to some products.

Sadly It’s just not for me. I was hoping it would be a good product for me since I do like to use Clinique. I use Cliniques “take the day off” cleansing balm, as a makeup remover that works fantastic, and I also use a Clinique deep charcoal cleanser on a daily basis that I absolutely love.

This moisturizer isn’t on the cheap side either, which is a disappointment because if it wasn’t so expensive I would use it for just the winter. I can’t justify the price for a product that only works a couple of months out of the year for me, when I could just buy a cheaper or equal value product that works year around for me.

So while this product may be a good product for some, it’s just not made for my super sensitive, combination skin.

July 31, 2018

It is very hydration!

It seems to be very good to people who have dry skin, but it didn't work my my skin (combination). Still, you can tell it is a good product with good quality, it is just not good for me.

July 16, 2018

I might buy this product again.

I have used this product off and on for the past 20 years or more. While I believe this is a very good product, I also believe that it may no longer suit my skin needs.

March 06, 2018

did ok for me

I tried this for a solid 15 days when my skin was literally flaking off, it was so dry! It did ok but not amazing and for the price range I would like it to do better! I am not sure I would re purchase

August 13, 2017

Nothing special..

I have almost used an entire bottle of this moisturizer and it's really done nothing special for my skin! Expensive for a product that doesn't do much... I'll be switching to a different moisturizer

May 06, 2017

Maybe it's just my skin, but I don't like this moisturizer on my skin since I get pimples the next day everytime I apply it. It feels heavy and oily when applied.

March 11, 2017

I loved this product when I worked at the Clinique counter :) and despite a formula change later on (when it became "Dramatically Different Lotion +), was still super satisfied with this lotion! Although the plus was meant to indicate faster absorption time and even more hydration, most of us actually didn't see that drastic of an improvement! However, with the formula unchanged for about 42 years it was time for an update (and there was definitely a change). Realistically, I now know much more about ingredients (hence, a change to more natural products) and the reason this product is no longer in my beauty cabinet is the presence of synthetics and dyes (it does contain sesame oil amongst other nourishing items though, which deserves credit). While it does an effective job moisturizing and leaves the skin fairly smooth after application, its effectiveness is seriously enhanced when used in the three step program. Although I wouldn't use it myself any longer due to the presence of specific ingredients, I don't expect the rest of the beauty world to make such a dramatic change and would even still recommend it for an individual looking for a mid-level moisturizer at a reasonable price.

January 09, 2017

Pretty average moisturizer in my opinion. For the price, it feels more like a drugstore brand and i'm not sure why it's considered a cult favorite....