CoverGirl Clean Matte BB cream Reviews
#6 in BB Creams
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2017

December 05, 2020

Love BB cream

I love this product. I love that it is light and more of a cream feeling when I put it on. I don’t like to wear heavy foundation so it’s perfect. Great that it had spf coverage as well.

November 16, 2020

Wasn't what I was hoping for

Even though this is advertised as a matte product it left my skin feeling oily and looking shiny. The product had very light coverage when applied. Bought as something to easily use in the summer to go for a "makeupless" look and it truly made me seem makeup less, except I was extra oily.

November 05, 2020

BB cream for clear skin

I bought this BB cream on a whim and I find it to be something I can only use if my skin is absolutely clear. Looking BB cream that covers my texture in my skin is important so I don't need to wear a bunch of extra coverage on top but this is very light and minimal coverage unfortunately, not exactly what I was looking for. I do however know that this 1 product does not at all reflect the brand as a total because I have had some amazing other products by Covergirl.

August 28, 2020

Favorite BB Cream at the Drugstore!

I have oily skin so its hard to find bb cream that work for my skin type. I'm so impressed with the Cover Girl BB Matte!! It has amazing coverage! You can get a full coverage with this bb cream which doesn't happen to often. It keeps my oils in place and last all day long without breaking down. If you have oily skin you will really love this product.

March 04, 2020

Amazing tinted BB cream!

Love this BB cream. As someone who doesn't like the feel of heavy foundations, but wants slight coverage to even out imperfections, this product is the best of both worlds. My skin looks natural and dewy, but not too oily. Usually matte products dry out my skin and look flakey, but this product looks very natural.

February 01, 2020

I REALLY wanted to like this

The coverage is decent, and it is relatively easy to apply.
    I applied it in traditional BB cream fashion, and used my fingers.
    I have really well balanced, moisturized, well exfoliated skin and my pores are basicly unoticable.
    This BB cream emphasized pored, and brought out dry patches I didn't even know I had. I have normal/oily skin and I use AHA and BHA about 4 times a week.
    I really wanted to love this, but I think it might require a primer and that is a step I want to avoid.

Updated On: February 01, 2020

It just didn't work for me.

2.3/5

September 25, 2019

Far Too Runny

This review is for Light/Medium 530. I’ve tried BB creams in the past, but never one like this one. I don’t know if it was a fluke, but the cream wasn’t a cream, but rather coloured liquid. I had to quickly spread it around and because it was so thin this took some time.

The colour itself is quite nice and the coverage is light to medium. My preference for a BB cream is an actual cream so for that reason I gave it two stars.

July 17, 2019

My drugstore favorite

I love this stuff. I like a matte look and the original Covergirl clean makeup was a favorite of mine for many years. I decided to try this formula on my combination skin. The value is great. It doesn't feel too heavy. My daily go to.

July 12, 2019

Best BB Cream!!

Hands down the best BB cream i have used. And i have tried a lot. Great for summer days and light make up days. It is medium coverage and the longevity of it is wonderful!! It does not break me out the only down side is it does oxidize a bit so i use fair rather than light. Great BB Cream!

April 30, 2019

A surprise gem!

I was not expecting to like this at all. I was looking for a lighter option to wear in place of my normal ELDW. I saw that this had good reviews online and decided to give it a go. For $7 from Wal-mart, why not? It has exceeded my expectations entirely! I apply it with a damp beauty blender and it gives a beautiful finish that is definitely matte but not corpse matte. My skin still feels as though it has some life in it. The colour selection is inadequate though. The lightest shade is still a hair too dark for me but it is definitely workable. This product keeps my skin looking flawless but still lets my skin show through at the same time. Wear time on my extremely oily skin is really very good. I blot at lunch time as always but I don't look like a greasy mess. All in all, a great product at a great price point. Will keep this in my stash going forward.