covergirl peacock flare mascara Reviews
#166 in Mascara

2.7/5

August 13, 2019

Clumpy mascara

I bought this mascara on sale to try. Was not a fan of the brush or formula.
    I found it very clumpy and the brush design applys it uneven not impressed . I won’t be buying this mascara again.

June 10, 2019

works okay

The first time that I purchased this mascara, I had to return it because the wand broke off after the first opportunity that I used it. Currently, I have been using this mascara for the last five weeks. The wand takes a bit of getting used to in order to achieve results because it is quite large, however it does have an anti-slip grip, which I like.

This waterproof mascara is extremely simple to remove. I find that it does not flake and when you touch your lashes, they feel very silky. In my opinion, you have to apply at least two coats to see any volume, or length (of course making sure to allow each coat to dry, before adding another). This mascara does fan out your lashes, and grabs the little lashes in the corners as well.

2.0/5

March 08, 2019

The very definition of clumpy

You know, I actually don't mind the brush shape/lack of bristles. I have very long, reasonably thick lashes that have blonde tips (and thus need darkened by mascara) and this type of brush works very well to coat all the lashes without tickling. My problem is the formula, it's so clumpy! I should have known, because this is frequently a trick employed by 'volume' mascaras, they clump on your lashes to create volume where there is none, but I've used non-clumping volume mascara's before so they do exist and there's no need for this amount of clumping.

To me, it really looks bad, even after combing I felt my eyelashes were quite stuck together and looked very clumpy and gunky. Even the brush is clumped up with product, because it's too thick and prone to clumping, even inside the bottle. I feel like the word clump has lost all meaning, but this is just so clumpy that I can't even think of another word to describe it. From a distance, it looks ok, but up close you can see it. It does create volume (from the clumps) and length, but I can't bear to use it again. If you really like that style of mascara that clumps on your lashes, you might like it.

It doesn't say on the package if it's waterproof anywhere, but I found it quite hard to get off, even after several wipes of a cleansing wipe. It did come off, but not as easily as you'd expect. Overall, just not a fan.

1.8/5

February 16, 2019

Not my favorite thing...

I thought I'd treat myself to a new mascara, and was pretty excited when I found the Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara on sale at a local store I rarely frequent. I quickly purchased it, and sat in the car to give it a try. It looked so awesome, surely my eyes were going to be amazing, right? The brush looked great, but sadly the brush was the products downfall in the end. Upon trying it the first time, it was gloopy and messy, and I was extremely frustrated with the entire process, but chalked it up to possibly being due to the fact that I'd already had mascara of a different kind on. The next time I tried it, totally bare eyes, I sadly had the same experience as the first, and quickly realized the brush had to go. I washed the brush from my old mascara that I absolutely loved, and traded it for the wand that came with it. Now, the mascara itself is fantastic, and I to this day use it daily. But, the brush was awful, and once I traded it in for old faithful, this mascara was amazing. I just wish that for the pretty penny I paid, it was even remotely worth it, and wasn't such a let down in the brush department. Had I not had my old one to wash and reuse, I'd be absolutely furious!

January 18, 2019

Lashes for days! Love this mascara

This peacock flare mascara is my number one choice for mascara! It adds length and fans your lashes perfectly. I have gotten many compliments on my lashes. The price is a bit expensive but what makeup isn't? The product does last awhile which makes the price worth it. I've never had issues with clumping while using this mascara unlike other brands. I would definitely recommend this to people!

April 10, 2018

Okay mascara

I thought this mascara was okay. I received this for reviewing purposes and my lashes aren't very long to begin with but this helped a little. It didn't make my lashes super long but it helped create volume and fullness but my lashes are straight and hard to curl. This mascara didn't really help the curl but I like it and I continue to use This mascara

2.3/5

March 22, 2018
    United States

My mascara literally popped and globbed

I was really excited to try this mascara. First try was pretty good was a bit clumpy but got the hang of the brush. Went to use it the next day and the wand sort of popped out and was all globby. I did nothing different with storage of the mascara as I do with my others. I couldn't use it after that. the wand never screwed back on properly.

March 05, 2018
    Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

BEST MASCARA

I have tried so many different mascaras from low end to high end and this has got to be my favourite. It does a great job at separating and lifting and i LOVE the formula!
    This is a great mascara at a very affordable price!

February 24, 2018

Had to get used to the brush

I was looking forward to be trying this product but it left me a bit disappointed. The brush was a little difficult to get used to and the handle is unnecessarily large. Once I got used to the brush, I found it did a nice job at grabbing the little lashes and you definitely need to go over your lashes twice to achieve the look.

3.2/5

February 09, 2018

Waterproof defining mascara

This is a nice mascara to be used to give length and volume. I bought the black one. Design is very stylish. Since it is waterproof it is great to use while swimming, it is even hard to take it off with regular eye makeup removers. I would probably use it in summer time with water rather than regular day time.