4.1/5
COVERGIRL TruBlend Matte Made Foundation Reviews
#69 in Foundation

March 14, 2019

I have dry skin and i really enjoy this foundation!

i am a dry skin girl who loves a matte finish. Its the hardest thing to find a foundation that will provide effective coverage but not build up and look cakey on my very dry skin. Although you have to be careful not to apply too much of this product, once you apply the right amount it looks beautiful on my skin. If you are a dry skin girl make sure to exfoliate, apply moisturizer and then use a light hand when applying and this foundation should work wonders for you like it did for me!

February 22, 2019

Just ok

I don't use foundation for day to day makeup, I honestly don't have time for it, and my skin is naturally pretty even. However, when I go out I LOVE to do full makeup and wanted a less expensive alternative to the specialty foundation I'd been using. On paper this foundation is good, matte, long lasting, lots of colour option, not animal tested, won't clog pores. for the first couple hours of wear these hold true but I find after about three hours it seeps into the lines in my face and highlights EVERYTHING I do not want highlighted. I do use a primer under my foundation. Also, the colour choices are not great. I am naturally very fair with slight pink undertones and the lighter shades are honestly white white or white/yellow.

February 13, 2019

My current favorite foundation

I’m generally a big fan of covergirl foundations, using the matte pressed powder as well as the liquid foundation for oily skin. This foundation blends seamlessly, and the longevity/staying power is fantastic. I would definitely repurchase and recommend if you are looking for something affordable and better then some high end foundations

January 31, 2019

Enlarged my pores

Affordable foundation that blends good, however I found that my pores are more noticeable. I would recommend using this product with the pore minimizing primer.

November 05, 2018

I love the colour match !

This foundation matches my skin tone to perfection. I bought this to use as a simple foundation for random everyday cover ups, not really for anything special so I didn’t need a lot of coverage or anything like that. This stuff has a pretty good coverage but I don’t find it buildable and I do find if it’s not set well it won’t last for a very very long time. But this stuff does just what I need it to do!

October 08, 2018

Pretty good

Shade L60 - Light Nude

Application method - Wet Beauty Blender

So, my cardinal advice for people with foundation is exfoliate before application. If I don't exfoliate, I always get tons of peely 'dry' areas showing up. However, this foundation impressed me in that even when I forgot to exfoliate, it didn't show up the flaws as badly as many I've tried in the past, it did a good job despite my mess up. Even saying that though, it's not the perfect foundation for me.

I do like matte foundations, but I found it felt a little drying and restrictive on my skin, this could be because It's a little heavier than I usually wear. It feels like a medium coverage to me and I prefer light coverage foundation.

The colour idea is genius, being able to pick between cool, warm and neutral is actually very clever, but make sure you pick the right shade. I'm very pale and should have used Porcelain as opposed to Light Nude, which I felt was a little dark for me.

It lasted well throughout the day, but I still prefer a light foundation that I can't feel as much, even if it lasts a shorter time. So overall, this foundation is good for those who prefer a matte-medium foundation and don't have overly dry skin. It's easy to apply and good value!