1938 reviews
Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash Reviews

This moisturizing body wash from Dove contains NutriumMoisture technology -- a blend of moisturizers and skin natural nutrients that help your skin to maintain its natural balance while you shower and deliver skin nourishment at the same time. This mild body wash is designed to help minimize skin dryness while nourishing deep into the surface layers of your skin, leaving you with softer, smoother skin after just one shower. It creates a rich lather that replenishes your skin’s nutrients while also leaving it clean and feeling cared for.

For best results, just squeeze some gentle body wash onto a shower pouf or your hands and massage all over your body before rinsing thoroughly. Use in your daily shower for soft, smooth skin.

*Sourced from dove.ca

September 14, 2009

Like most of the girls, I was expecting a lot from this new product. The overall feel of this liquid body wash is different from the usual Dove products; very creamy and luxurious. The smell; same ol' Dove (no complaints though). After shower: the results were something to be desired. I expected a lot more moisturizing throughout the day than I actually got. It was good, but I guess I just expected more.

September 14, 2009

I was expecting a lot from this body wash. It seemed like a new formula for Dove, with extra moisturizers. It actually didn't seem much better than any other their other moisturizing body washes. The smell is also very faint and didn't last as well as their other washes, such as cucumber melon. My skin was soft afterwards, but not incredibly moisturized like I had expected.

This product isn't anything special over their other body washes.

3.2/5

September 14, 2009

I switched out my regular Peach scented Dove body wash to give this one a try. I compared the ingredients on the two and the main difference is that the Moisture Body Wash has a bunch of oils added to it.

I didn't find that it did much in the way of moisturizing. I still needed to apply body lotion when I got out of the shower. It did lather nicely. Not keen on the smell, I'll stick with the fruity ones.

Overall, this is good as a body wash, but don't expect too much moisturizing.

September 14, 2009

This body wash didn't do it for me. I also got this product through the Product Review Club. I was excited to give it a try because it pretty much advertised all the things i want in a body wash. I used it faithfully for over a week and was somewhat disappointed in the results. It's pretty much your average body wash and does what most others do. I was mostly disappointed because i wasn't left with soft, smooth skin like i would expect from Dove. In fact, my skin almost seemed as dry, if not drier than it normally is. My skin was slightly flaky. I still felt the need to use a moisturizer after i showered. The body wash wasn't necessarily bad though. It is a much thicker formula than most body washes and has a nice lather to it. The smell was fresh and clean, and not too overpowering. It was nice and smooth and kind of glides over your body. So overall, the in-shower experience was alright. But i found it just didn't live up to what it advertised. So while it wasn't necessarily a bad body wash, it just wasn't amazing. I wouldn't reccommend it because it doesn't do anything that other body washes can't.

WHAT'S ADVERTISED:

Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash with "NutriumMoisture" (tm) is a breakthrough formula that uses 100% natural moisturizers that can absorb completely to nourish skin deep down. Plus it rinses cleaner than ever before, so your skin feels soft and smooth.

THE REAL SCOOP

The product is marketed as "superior natural nourishment for your skin", which is recommended for dry skin. The Dove line of products already has body wash products that are geared towards dry skin (like the Cream Oil body washes, which I use as well), but the main differentiating factor may be that this is comprised of natural ingredients.

Having tested it in last hot throes of summer, the body wash itself is actually quite effective. It lathers in a satisfying way on a poof, cleans, and leaves skin feeling beautifully soft. I usually use a moisturizing lotion after my showers but with this body wash I did not have to do so, and my skin still felt great. One caveat should be made: this review is being down in the summer and it may not be the case in the dry winter season.

I have dry/dehydrated skin and having a moisturizing body wash makes a huge difference. Some products on the market are not moisturizing enough (leaving skin feeling taut and dry), while others are too "heavy" and leave a weird film on your skin after the shower. This product is pitch perfect, leaving skin soft, smooth and clean!

Other reviewers have mentioned a "soap-y" smell, but I didn't have a problem with it. It is similar to the traditional Dove barsoap smell, which smells "clean" to me. It is not a cloyingly sweet or overpowering smell, so it is actually quite nice. Perhaps Dove will create a fragrance-free formulation for this, as they are wont to do for sensitive skin types.

Overall, I would rank this higher than comparable products on the market (Aveeno, Olay with Ribbons) and I would re-purchase this product when it runs out. Hopefully this will stand up to the test of cold Canadian winters!

September 13, 2009

I received this body wash from the product review club.
    Pros: - really great lather
    - does make skin smoother, but I still had to use moisturizer, so it didn't replace it

Cons: - not a huge fan of the smell. It smells a lot like bar soap, which I didn't really like
    - I wouldn't buy it myself, it's overpriced for what it is

Overall, it does do what it says it should do. I wasn't overly impressed. I have used other products just like it and I've liked other Dove products better.

September 13, 2009

I enjoy this body wash but am not blown away by it. The texture is that of a lotion which lathers, and it does lather enough for my taste (sometimes when body washes are extremely moisturizing I find that they do not lather enough but that is not the case for this product). It certainly does make your skin super soft and smooth with continued use, even to the point of not needing that post shower lotion.

My only minor complain is the scent – is smells slightly odd. It is not a bad smell by any stretch of the imagination; it’s just a little funny and not entirely enjoyable. This is not much of a problem though because the scent does not stick around for long, nor is it terribly strong.

Overall I think this is a good product but don’t think I would necessarily purchase it again. It is a good product for those who – like me – are obsessed with moisturizing products however when purchasing my next bottle of body wash I will probably opt instead for my favourites, Nivea Happy Time or Cashmere moments or even one of the body washes from the Dove Go Fresh line.

September 13, 2009

After using this product for one week, I have been pleasantly surprised by how smooth my skin feels. Usually I have to moisturize after showering in order to get skin that is soft as a baby's bottom, however with the help of this new Dove product, I can skip that annoying step.

For a while now I have been using shower gel from the Body Shop and I was not very impressed as it didn't do anything for my skin. I also like the scent of the Dove body wash more than that of the body shop's.

One thing that I also really like about this product is the rich texture, as it is very creamy and goes onto your skin nicely. Of more, the product also bubbles up quickly once you start to scrub, so just a little squeeze of this body wash is all you need.

I highly recommend this product! It's well worth your money and will only do good to your skin.

September 12, 2009

I received this product as part of the ChickAdvisor Review Club. I've been using the product for over a week and really, I haven't found anything special about it. It's not necessarily bad either, but I still feel the need to moisturize after I shower. I have fairly dry skin and have not noticed any difference. It comes out very thick and creamy which is nice, and it does have a decent lather as well. The scent is subtle, but I'm not a fan of it really. It sort of smells like oatmeal. Overall, it's just okay.

September 12, 2009

Updated On: September 17, 2009

I received this product through chickadvisor product review. It is absolutely amazing because usually with my other body washes I need to moisturize after I come out of the shower because they dont moisturize as much as they clean; but this Dove body wash is so creamy that after I wash not only do I feel absolutely cleaner than with my other body washes, I also feel the difference in my skin. I have dry skin and I tend to get sort of sticky after a long day, but after I used this body wash for 2 weeks straight my skin is noticeably soft and I no longer have dry skin and I never get sticky and sweaty. Its always just baby soft skin. The smell is pleasant and not very noticeable which I like because it leaves a light scent that doesnt conflict with whatever perfume or cream I put on. I definitely recommend it!!